Torrents

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
ISP
Airtel Home 649 - 256kbps
Hey, anyone of u accessing any website for downloading songs n movies. How is the response while downloaing the file?In my case I am not getting any speed......or u can say even the download does'nt start. Any reasons???? 🤔

it basically depends on what u're downloading...just see the no. of seeds...for me the speeds have varied from 0-29 kBps...

Any special settings tht we have to do (in DSL connection or the torrent downloader)....coz in my case I am unable to download even a single fileI am using Shareaza. 🙁

nope...no special settings...am using BitComet and Azuereus both...both download just fine without any extra settings... 🙂

Port forwarding is needed man !! have u done it ? U hv to open certain ports in the router that the torrent client uses to get the download going.

Originally posted by bad_till_bones@Jul 15 2005, 10:05 AM
Hey, anyone of u accessing any website for downloading songs n movies.  How is the response while downloaing the file?

In my case I am not getting any speed......or u can say even the download does'nt start.  Any reasons????

🤔
[snapback]16314[/snapback]
[/quote]

probably some panga in settings. which os u use? try any download manager and check your net settings by 'system mechanic' or 'tz connection booster' or any other

Originally posted by bad_till_bones@Jul 15 2005, 01:51 PM
Any help regarding port forwarding.....where to do my modem/router is D-Link DSL-502T.  Exact steps wud be helpful.

🤔
[snapback]16347[/snapback]
[/quote]

i don't think u have any settings for router 2 unblock ports(as they already are r unblocked, i think). just go thru the forum topics. they may have a solution>(as i remember someone had same type of prob.)
must be some setting prob.

alright here is the link:
https://broadband.forum/Port_block_Problem-t1534.html

Have taken the steps for Port Forward - 1. Login to the router/modem using Internet Explorer. 2. Advanced --> Virtual Server.3. Giva a name to the rule in the rule box, enter private IP, enter protocol TCP/UDP/Both, then enter the ports you want forwarded in port start and port end accordingly, in the port map add a port through which you want all your traffic mapped, generally within the range. Click Apply.4. Tools --> System --> Save and Reboot.5. When its rebooted, goto Advanced --> Filters. Select Inbound Filters.6. In Source IP, select Any IP from dropdown box. In destination IP select Single IP from Dropdown box, and enter your IP there.7. In Source port, depending on whether you need a range or a single port, select relevant then enter the port(s) into the field. Do the same for the Destination port(s).8. In Protocol select what you entered in the Virtual Server Rule, TCP/UDP/Both accordingly.9. Set Action to Allow. Click Apply. When the rule appears click the Enable checkbox.10. Goto, Tools --> System --> Save & Reboot.11. Restart your machine, you should have forwarded ports now. Will hve to try......lets c if it works...........Anyways thnx a lot lokesh. 🙂

U cant have a static ip coz MTNL gives u a dynamic one which changes every time u log on.

referring to the above static ip thing... i doubt... its good in a way cause now i don need to have a firewall ( or do i need to?... sumone tell me if i do)... like my old net cable had a static ip so i used to get so many intrusions... with mtnl.. none.. also one disadvantage... i cud start a http file server thru my static ip which i cant do now

Always use firewall as a rule. I had even my dial connex firewalled. Static IP and dynamic ip doesnt matter much both are vulnerable especially if u leave the connex on for a long time - like in the night for downloads.Apart from external attacks, a firewall also protects u from trojans that might have got downloaded onto ur computer by blocking the trojan from accessing the net. 🙂

also one disadvantage... i cud start a http file server thru my static ip which i cant do now[/b]

http://www.no-ip.com

this should help u...enjoy!!! 😀

don't forget to give me the server link 😉