Torrents begin very fast, but get painfully slow gradually

• Thread starter Thread starter ntomer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 15,794
I am experiencing the same with utorrent and emule. I got the full speed before the new billing cycle, but after 25th when a new cycle starts I am getting 60kbps max intermittently (1Mbps line). Sometimes downloading wont even start, all connections are green in utorrent. Uploading is fine so is http (125-135).

i think they are doing on 1mbs+ lines.i have 512 k and i get avg 60kbpsone thing i want to warn is that your upload rate should be 80% of the real upload rate.eg on a 512k line if airtel is providing 256k upload then your torrent upload should be 80% of the 256k otherwise it would choke your router.but its safe to safe that all major isps are using packet shaping via deep packet inspection.the only way to bypass is to enable encryption in u torrent and vuze to forced and accept only incoming peers which are encrypted but if their deep packet machines can decipher which is p2p or not then the only way is to take them to TDSAT and file a case that their network management policies are violating net neutrality.for more info about net neutrality plz check the sub form net neutrality.

^^ The thunder mod client is ineffective too. Had tried it a couple of days earlier and wasn't working during the mentioned time period (between 11am and 11pm).

I download around 50GB on average per month, thats not less.The consistent speed and gud FUP limit (I never reached FUP even I used more than 50 GB) are the reasons am still with Airtel

1 Mbps plans used to have FUP of 100 GB before. Since you never reached 100 GB, nothing happened.

1 Mbps plans used to have FUP of 100 GB before. Since you never reached 100 GB, nothing happened.

I would Agree, I recently called CC and he confirmed that my line has a FUP of 100 GB.... But spoke to a tech later same day and he said that my line was 25GB and not 100 GB. which explains random speeds through the month... hate AIRTEL 🙁

@warthogCan you confirm that you called up CC and told that you are getting low speeds on torrents and they restored HTTP speeds to torrents?

i told them.i reccomend you to file a RTI to TRAI about which isps are using p2p throttling and then sue those isps.

Why file RTI? I already know that Airtel is throttling. I just want to know if calling up CC is enough to fix it? And does your plan have FUP? Mine doesn't so calling CC may cause them to realize that and apply FUP.