Torrents begin very fast, but get painfully slow gradually

• Thread starter Thread starter ntomer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 15,795
Looks like I get full speed from 11pm to 11 am. How much do you use every month?

since yesterday my torrent speeds have slowed by 50%.i get 64kbps but since yesterday i am getting half the speed.It first starts at full speed and then slows down.first fup and now this.someone should sue airtel:madness:

first fup and now this.someone should sue airtel
:madness:

I till now don't understand what this has to do with airtel.
May there is a problem with your specific connection.
My torrent speeds are perfectly alright.

admin can you confirm this.last month i dl'ed 80gb and was not fuped.My billing cycle started yestarday and since then my torrent speeds have slowed down.
revenge?

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

here is the p2p throttle test
Use tools running on M-Lab to test your Internet connection. | M-Lab

it says i passed the test but now even http is at 32kbps.

Last month I had fair usage policy, but full speed in both HTTP and P2P before FUP. This month no FUP till now. HTTP still full, but P2P goes to around 80 KB/s from 11 am to 11 pm. I know this because at exactly 11 pm, the speed jumps.

now its working after i complained to CC.maybe they got scared when i told them that in usa comcast was taken to court and found guilty.hplp20 plz click the link and test it.

seems they are blocking torrents, or multiple connections to one computer, essentially blocking some of your ports indirectly. direct downloads takes place from one server so no blocking takes place. it also looks like theres a software on the server that does this 🙂 have fun complaining 🙂

warthog, were speeds low on torrents only, but full on HTTP downloads? And what exactly did you say to the CC guy?

they were initially in p2p then on http also.I told them that airtel had tied up with a company to provide traffic shaping and they acted dumb.anyways my problem has been solved.you should file an RTI to trai asking about their policies on bandwidth throttling.since airtel is a private company i think RTI does not apply to them but many times CIC has ruled in favour of the aggrieved party seeking private info.also the link which i provided,plz do click it.My ports were ok,no traffic shaping and the only problem which i was told is noise.my upstream snr is 6 also airtel states that they dont guarantee p2p speeds even though they are secretly throttling them.

Looks like I get full speed from 11pm to 11 am. How much do you use every month?

True. The speed resumes during the nights. It seems they are throttling only during the day time.