Torrenting Problem on Spectra

I would suggest signing up for a cheap seedbox and downloading from there. Cheapest ones aren't that much costlier compared to a VPN.

can you suggest some good cheap seedboxes which also provide a free trial?

One of the cheapest I have tried is UltraSeedBox S-WIND which is around Rs 380 a month ~4000 if paid yearly. They don't have a trial but if you don't like it you can open a ticket within a week and they'll refund ya.

There are seedboxes which are even cheaper like Seedboxws . They have a 1 EUR (~80Rs a month) plan.

Last edited:
Copyright Infringement is defined as the copying, distribution or sharing of copyrighted works (including music, videos, and digital copies of textbooks) without permission and may be referred to as “pirating” or, in the electronic context of peer-to-peer networks, “illegal file sharing”.

Fair use allows limited use of copyrighted material without permission from the copyright holder for purposes such as criticism, parody, news reporting, research and scholarship, and teaching

torrent is not illegal

This news is about accessing tracker websites. They're banned for a reason (for hosting torrent files and magnet links of pirated stuff). I was talking about torrenting in general. E.g. you access Ubuntu website and get the torrent file of their latest distro hosted on their website and download the distro using a torrent client; completely legal.

Copyright Infringement is defined as the copying, distribution or sharing of copyrighted works (including music, videos, and digital copies of textbooks) without permission and may be referred to as “pirating” or, in the electronic context of peer-to-peer networks, “illegal file sharing”.

Fair use allows limited use of copyrighted material without permission from the copyright holder for purposes such as criticism, parody, news reporting, research and scholarship, and teaching

torrent is not illegal
yeah man, i totally get you. its like using a gun - you can use to kill someone or defend yourself. it doesn't mean the gun is evil.

bit torrent protocol can be used for downloading stuff which is not copyrighted but tell that to the idiots who are running this country. they just want to ban everything and greedy bastards like this ISP want to hide behind it and abuse their power.

This news is about accessing tracker websites. They're banned for a reason (for hosting torrent files and magnet links of pirated stuff). I was talking about torrenting in general. E.g. you access Ubuntu website and get the torrent file of their latest distro hosted on their website and download the distro using a torrent client; completely legal.
totally agree with you but tell that to such ISPs who flat out tell me it is 'illegal'.

Don't go for real debris if you're using private trackers
Torrent itslef isn't illegal but sharing of copyrighted content is and torrents are a popular way to do it
Spectra shouldn't throttle it but TRAI doesn't give a f***
Ultraseedbox cheapest plan is great but if you're just a public torrent user then PIA works good enough for me it even allows port forwarding but because of spectra shitty peering while on few subnet you'll get crappy speeds and on few others you can get 300+ mbps

If you're on private trackers then Seedbox is your best bet

Basically here is the conclusion if you don't really need gigabit unlimited then never go for spectra but if you do spectra is the only option

@The_PC_Guy : i have the 500 mbps unlimited plan with speed at max hitting 60 MBPS. Is PIA a viable option for that?

also, my other issue is they don't give free trial so just in case it doesn't work, i am stuck with them as well.

@potlu213 that 60 MBPS you get are only on peered servers like Google drive or youtube for example most of their peering is crap
PIA has worked good for me but you'll need to try and switch the servers
You can check the speeds there even if you get full speeds there because of bon overhead and stuff you won't get that full speed

@The_PC_Guy : i have the 500 mbps unlimited plan with speed at max hitting 60 MBPS. Is PIA a viable option for that?

also, my other issue is they don't give free trial so just in case it doesn't work, i am stuck with them as well.

Is 60MBPS shown on your torrent client?

Try disabling encryption and use TCP in PIA settings. It should improve speeds (atleast worked for me though I'm not on Spectra).

PIA has a money-back guarantee if you pay by card so if you don't end up liking it you can contact support within 7 days and get it refunded.

You should also consider a 1 Euro seedbox like SeedboxWS. I recently tried it out and it's even cheaper than a VPN since you only want to torrent. Their website is in French but it won't be a problem once its setup.

Last edited:
hmm not sure why but TCP on PIA limits to ~10 mbps on UDP connection to the same server speeds around 60-200 mbps

Is 60MBPS shown on your torrent client?

Try disabling encryption and use TCP in PIA settings. It should improve speeds (atleast worked for me though I'm not on Spectra).

PIA has a money-back guarantee if you pay by card so if you don't end up liking it you can contact support within 7 days and get it refunded.

You should also consider a 1 Euro seedbox like SeedboxWS. I recently tried it out and it's even cheaper than a VPN since you only want to torrent. Their website is in French but it won't be a problem once its setup.

i dont have PIA or any VPN so right now i m getting nothing on torrents (my original problem posted here). i saw 40-50 MBPS on steam downloads for my games. usually, i get differing speeds on http downloads based on the site like 3-6 mbps.

i have neither used VPN or seedboxes before as never felt the need. how does this seedbox concept work? do i need to individually add each torrent file to it? right now, its pretty easy with utorrent where i just add them all and it queues it up.

Steam and web browsers like FF or Chrome measure in MegaBytes unlike ISPs or speedtest.net which measures in Megabits. I assume you know the difference.

The http speed variation is because different sites have different routing rather than ISP throttling. Though some ISPs (not sure if Spectra does this) massively oversell transit bandwith so you'll get good speeds to Google or Steam but lesser known sites maybe slower.

A simple seedbox is just a torrent client like Utorrent or commonly Rtorrent hosted on a remote server. You can add whatever torrent you want on there (provided its within your seedbox disk space) and transfer it your PC at full speed using SFTP.

If your speeds are low with SFTP I would recommend a client like CuteFTP for segmented transfer (similar to IDM)