• Thread starter Thread starter patch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,646

patch

Regular
ISP
youtele
i m getting download speed 20-25 kbps torrent in 512 kbps. can i increseae it?

pls. give me settings to ince. speed. i m using 24online client.

also give me invitation for desitorrent. also which p2p/torrent is good for movies?

email id: sherbana(AT)gmail.com

thx.

Thats less than half the speed of a 512 Kbps line.Have you forwarded your port?

hi buddy....i m using BITTORRENT client ....it says its default port is 6881 ...somehow i have heard that changing port should increase torrent dwnld sppeed..bcoz defaults ports r blacklisted...so i wanna change my port ..but could neone tell me which port i should use now......tell me in brief plzz...

QUOTE(patch @ Oct 29 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]67079[/snapback]
i m getting download speed 20-25 kbps torrent in 512 kbps. can i increseae it?

pls. give me settings to ince. speed. i m using 24online client.

also give me invitation for desitorrent. also which p2p/torrent is good for movies?

email id: sherbana(AT)gmail.com

thx.
[/b]

Try using Azureus Client and the NAT/firewall port scan.. See if it gives NAT error, then the port u r using is not forwarded.. Try out various ports and find which port has been forwarded by ur router.. Ask ur ISP which port has been forwarded (just hope that they tell it to you 😀 ) or u have to search for yourself..

Reply with what you get

For me i use Bittorrent 6.0 , and i did a forward port on my Actiontec GT740-WG all in one modem. I also configure bittorrent to the same port i use on the router. The other thing that i use is TCPOptimizer, set it to 3.0 MB. My current speed on the DSL is 3.0 mbps. My down speed on the torrent software download above 200 mbps.

Torrent speed depends on number of seeds available. link-removed.org is a very good torrent for downloads.

In most of the cases Seeds will determine your overall speed. You should get good speeds if you have at least say 100 seeds.Try to use private trakers, instead of public trakers, you will never get good speeds with new torrents in public trakers..

Checkout youtorrents.com. I feels its better than all the torrent search engines 🙂
Check whether ur torrent download speed is limited.
This happens, when u change ur upload speed limit, check the status bar of ur torrent application whether its showing an ! mark saying that ur torrent speed download is limited. If so change the upload slot to 0kbps that is unlimited.
After all some of the isp also lower the slot of ur download packets, if u start to upload, though ur are on an unlimited scheme. BSNL as well reliance dont have these problems...

My down speed on the torrent software download above 200 mbps.

Whoaa!!! you are on which plan my friend.....:ashamed::ashamed:

Edit:
Just saw your ISP....so i take back my words....