Torrent not working on UDP

Lolita_Magnum

ᓚᘏᗢ
ISP
AS17665
AS11158
Yea, well it's the qbittorrent standard configuration which was proven to work well for me over the years with various ISPs.

It seems over Excitel, I'm unable to make UDP connection when trying to download or seed a torrent hence causing stalls.

Enabling TCP ONLY fixes the issue but there seems to be a limit on the amount TCP connection a customer can make, which causes throttling for other users even when there's not much in terms of network activity.

I looked through the ONU/Router and did not find any configuration which would fix the issue above.

Obviously, the internet is through CG-NAT so I'm not expecting any port forwarding but this makes it hard to believe that UDP shouldn't work.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

EDIT: All configs like ACL, DOS and QOS are disabled and incoming port filtering is set to allow all

Last edited:
Its most probably due to the firewall/NAT restrictions in router. Lower that firewall/NAT security to slightly lower version.

As mentioned in the post above, all restrictions, protections and controls on the router have been disabled. Currently the router does not do bring any restriction except acting as a gateway.
The IP in concern initially had its port forwarded but later was put in DMZ for a control environment.