• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,511

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
For past 1-1.5 months We have been having 4 power cuts of about 1 hour each everyday. I live in Paschim Vihar ,Delhi, an we have cuts from 9am -10 am then 1 pm -2pm , then 5 pm -6pm and then 12am -1 amThese power cuts are at a time when power consumption in delhi is at all time low bcoz of NO ACs, heaters, rare use of geysers, fans.Also today I saw that the street lighting was on at 5: 15 Pm when there is lot of sunlight but the colony's power supply was out.Is it possible that local elec officials or the BSES ( my elec company) is conniving with the inverter companies to boost their sales by resorting to loadshedding when no power cuts are needed?

Interesting theory but your guess is as good as mine.On a different note, i'd say this year has been particularly good in Bangalore (in the cantonmt. area) wrt to power cuts, very few and far in between compared to previous years...not at mumbai's level tho.

here in gurgaon, we are getting more powercuts than we used to get during the peak of summers. 1-2 pm and 8-9 pm are fixed. but we do get a lot more of those random cuts. some of them lasting 2-3 hours.

In navi mumbai we are getting 2 hour everyday that tooo in morning .

Interestingly Power cuts used to be fewer when My electricity company was Govt controlled. I think we should have the right to know how much Power my company is getting ( supply) and what is the current demand. I am particularly amused by 12 am to 1 am power cut when I think the demand is a a lowest level...no ACs, allmost all shops closed , all shopping malls closed, No geysers( I think nobody bathes at midnight), almost all lights off.And we used to get 3-4 hour power cuts in peak of summer, now its 4-5 hours everyday.

Why dont you file for Right to Information? In a recent Delhi High Court judgement, Reliance owned BSES lost the case because even though the distribution is privatised, it is still a public utility. You have a very valid question and it makes sense to ask them as to what are they upto

Dikshit to summon discom chiefs over complaints from customers

Express News Service

New Delhi, November 13: THE Delhi Cabinet today decided to summon the chiefs of power distribution companies BSES and NDPL following increase in the number of complaints from customers regarding billing and enforcement.

Stating that her government has decided to tighten its control over the discoms, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has asked Chief Secretary R Narayanaswami and Power Secretary, Rakesh Mehta to summon Anil Ambani, chairman of BSES, and Adi Jehangir Engineer, board member of Tata Power which runs NDPL, to the Capital.

Dikshit further said that her government was concerned about the number of complaints being received from customers regarding faulty billing system, frequent load-shedding despite sufficient power supply and alleged harassment by the enforcement staff.

“Not only are there billing related problems but various parts are also facing power cuts for long hours despite sufficient availability of electricity," she said.

Here in Kalyan, (suburb in Mumbai) we experience 5.30 hours power cuts daily in the day time and also in the evening. This is expected to be increased to 7 hours daily. We have adopted ourselves to live with this and anything to come in future. i am happy that you people have far more less of these menace.

Here in Panchsheel Park Delhi... we haven't had a power cut for like 2 weeks running now. We have very few power cuts now!