To port or not to port for VodafoneIdea customers

To port or not to port - For VodafoneIdea customers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vi is providing more data for the same amount of money than jio/airtel.
Free night time data and Weekend Data rollover are some of the innovative and actually usefull schemes from the company .
If they are providing decent speed ( comparable to jio /airtel), i dont think we should port as it would further encourage duopoly in the market.

Since this thread has been revived because of recent events I decided to enable the voting option 😁

Please enable a fifth option that says "will port out to any (not decided yet)". I am not sure of the operator I will port out to and hence cannot vote to maintain authenticity of data. But I am sure I am counting days till August 25 when I will port my only Vi connection out and never look back till they bring 5G, if they remain alive till then.

Just today I received this message from customer care, one of the several I receive daily, without fail, but this one was different:

UyDTkum.jpg

Note the alternate number they have given in plain sight. If that itself were not an issue as such, I want to reveal that that number is not mine. 🤣😒

I have shot them an email requesting an informed response in 10 days.

But, come last week of next month, I am getting out of this nightmare of Vi at my location. Either Jio or Airtel, both are more or less equally good and equally pathetic here but both are better than Vi despite Vi having better signal than both of them.

At my place in Kolkata, Vi gives the best data speeds with 2CA and has cheapest data cost. Jio has reasonable speeds but not so high and effective data cost is also higher. Airtel has crawling speeds. Vi & Jio are prepaid and Airtel is postpaid. All 3 with 2CA operational.

I am getting very good speeds with vodafone and I have a airtel sim provided by the company. I dont feel the need to port out.

The company is very poor financially. They have been reporting losses of more than 6KCr every quarter. They wont survive unless someone invest.

They have a new CTO joined few weeks ago who is ex-Airtel, ex-JIO. He has to revive the network with limited money

20 days from now, I will finally be able to port out of my Vi numbers. I have not been able to use data at all on this network due to excruciatingly slow speed. I am not talking 3-4 Mbps. I am talking lower.

Never getting Vi again, at least at the location I am today. I do hope they survive, I do, because I do not want a duopoly or a monopoly. A country like India needs several players, we have a good number today, 4, but 2 are close to dead in terms of service quality and that is not a good sign.

I want to laugh but seriously, if Vodafone tanks our banking sector is going to be in real sh!t.
And this pandemic really is not going to make things better.
We wanted better competition, so that customer wins. Instead we would be getting duopoly. Only the companies win. Customer gaya tel lene!!

I take new vi prepaid connection and assholes at vi store charged me ₹101 as service fees even though in the website it says completely free

Oh you lucky fellow. They charged me one-time 243 or 247 for what they call Net Secure service that nobody knew how to activate. They said call customer care. Customer care and email support said it will be activated at store only. <expletives>

So I just swallowed that pill, and decided I am porting out the moment my 90 days are up (20 days from now). Everyday I receive 6+ SMS from them about packs. I emailed them and customer care called me saying they can’t stop it! Amazing. Never looking back at this network until they fix themselves. But again, I do not want them to die. I do not want to hand my balls to pradhaan and the richest motabhai in India.

Didn't raise the matter with them?
Nope, didn't care I only took VI to try before it gets shuts down. My first sim is vodafone and assholes started to charge me ₹5 daily for VAS and I throw it away (before MNP period) and got a new connection from BSNL and it becomes my primary sim. Moral of the story these assholes don't deserve our mercy vodafone itself lose one chance to become my primary provider.

Well. Ported one number out of Vi and into Airtel today. Did not have the other number with me to receive OTP, so could not get the second one done as well. Chhatri guys gave me 2 months free. Got number ported without paying anything, and should not need to pay anything for 56 days.