To port or not to port for VodafoneIdea customers

To port or not to port - For VodafoneIdea customers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
Since the AGR event has almost taken the form of a soap opera with many starting post mortems already. Many people are getting uneasy about their mobile number/connection as it's become indispensable & a form of identity I thought it will be interesting to find out the opinion of VodafoneIdea customers.

Last edited:
i would suggest port out. 90 days are not much. just port out. three months should clear a lot of things. if you do not like your new operator, port back. especially if you are using voda on your primary number where getting OTPs etc are very important.

@Sushubh Agree. One family member is shifting to Jio & another to Airtel because in my area VodafoneIdea signal is beyond pathetic. Been that way from the time they started volte.

Last edited:
They wont shutdown i guess it will affect the government if they pay up and quit due to bankruptcy also government will suffer because vodafone idea pays their spectrum dues from banks and spectrum is kept as security for taking those loans so those banks will sell them to recover their costs so government wont get the money anyway

Another school of thought gaining weight in some quarters is if VodafoneIdea files for bankruptcy then it can be nationalised. Some articles on this seen in the media doing the rounds. 🤔

Last edited:
Yeah like everyone was talking that modi govt to rescue jet airways becoz its a diff govt. not like cong during kingfisher.

& What happened of jet revival? Instead govt wants to get rid of air india too.
Just wait they ll get rid of bsnl too as fiber bbnl is also present.

Last edited:
I fully agree with @msingh , Vodafone isnt going to shut down. Unless there is too much network issue I think existing subscribers should stay with it. No need to port, Vodafone has a huge spectrum across multiple circles, if they just manage to come out of this they are going to be the best network in India.

Looks like I am one of the unlucky one, see post #4 ☹😭 Lots of customers in my area have begun voting with their feet already. It's only slightly better than MTNL here.

I did last Jan 😋 now I have to get rest of the family to do the same. Like @Sushubh said if things improve then one can always come back. But for now it's like MTNL in Mumbai for my area. I don't want to be in a situation like a friend of mine who was on BPL Mobile & when it wound up he was one of the herd who had to scramble to shift. He didn't have a v pleasant experience.

Last edited:
Common tactic, just say you would rather go to rival provider or drop number than take postpaid, they would change tune - Atleast I have seen it happen a couple of times.

Well, Jio & BSNL are there...... If you are confident & firm, that should budge a few of the service reps atleast. Its a natural sales tactic, see how learned/aware customer is... If not aware, dump some unwanted shit... But if lookis like loosing customer, give what he asks/wants.