• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,576

MediaFire

Twisted
ISP
Bsnl Evdo
Been using logitech mouse for more than 4 years now
third mouse has given away recently , always get this double click problems , service does nothing to it
they just send back the same mouse again .
used M90 and M100 models start getting this double clicking problems after 15 months ( for single left click i get double clicks)
contacting the CC people for trouble shooting does not fetch any result
now want to buy some better mouse , i need big mouse cant handle those mini laptop mouse
usage - general browsing , casual strategy gaming , normal document writing
budget Upto Rs 1000 , wired or wireless , wired would be better

Bump

Upvote 0
I have a Dell and goes on forever... also have a MS cordless and a GE cordless... guess these are consumables and one is expected to change them often... but the Dell is actually enterprise class. Having it for about 6 years now.

Upvote 0
Discarding a mouse once in 2 years is fine for me. But it shouldn't start giving trouble right after a year. Wouldn't mind Logitech or any equivalent brandAnd as for gaming I just play RTG gamesSo that would answer the way I use my mouse

Upvote 0
Lol YET another thread with the Logitech double click issue! Boy Logitech should have been sued by one and all long back!Well I would give a +1 to the Logitech MX518 too at least for its sturdiness, longevity and good size for guys with big hands and it works awesome no doubt so VFM guaranteed. The problem is I used to always prefer PS2 type mice to keep a USB port for some other device(also for a KVM switch PS2 is needed), but get screwed with the double click issue just like everyone else, hence went with it and well gamed for a good while.I've tried some Normal(read cheaper) Zebronics[ZEB-M106P] PS2 mouse(which I use as a rough use one for testing other computers I bring home and it's taken a beating and still working fine now on my KVM switch! Another Frontech PS2 mouse(hard ar$3 buttons and a bit squarish on top) but still actually works better than my previous PS2 Logitech mice with no double click issue and the size is a bit bigger than other el cheapos.Don't ask me the number I've bought in the past! I have at least 3 of em lying around despite throwing out a few!) I saw those videos long back on youtube with so called getting the part and fixing it, but I am not sure they're available in Ritchie Street or I would be more than happy to fix it myself. I still have a doubt though of whether that double click issue is Virus-Induced and messes up the windows default drivers or something!Thing is even if you do get a MX518, after a few years you will see the rubbery feel material start to peel and when you overdo the wiping to get that gooey s#!t off your mouse, it can bring that double clicking issue. The same crap happened to one of those costly ar$2 SMPS testers from Antec with LCD screen. Cleaned it up and later it would not work! Just a heads up.Other mice I think would either be too tiny or odd shaped or too HEAVY(yeah HP cordless mouse I am looking at you!) or as chromaniac mentioned others too costly for a freakin' mouse! All the Best on whatever you choose and hope it does good. Happy Clicking 😉 Cheers

Upvote 0
GENIE said:
If it is lasting for 15 months it is probably because of the way you use it. My Logitech wired mouse last much longer but I dont do gaming.

check this out...maybe you can try fixing it yourself before deciding to buy a new one (i think buying a new one is a better option)
http://www.uniquestuff.net/fixing_mouse_double_clicking_on_single_click.html
this article is nice , thanks for posting , am yet to open the mouse but will do it sooner
but when sending back the mouse under warranty why arent the service people changing the tiny spring to save the mess ?
cant they afford ? time to switch brand i think
chromaniac said:
Logitech G400 would be slightly above budget.
now after reading logitech mouse reviews everywhere i feel i shouldnt put more money into some brand which gets messed always
Ashish said:
@topic
You can use MS mouse. i personally find them superior to logitech ones.
thanks .
my important issue is that i need big mouse , just like m90 or m100
thats why has been sticking to logitech ,.
any particular model in MS ? am making a online purchase how to check the size ?

Upvote 0