Tipu Sultan - Aurangzeb of South?

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Why the Coorgs are upset with Tipu Sultan and the Karnataka government’s efforts to honour him - Firstpost
Evidence of Tipu’s deeds in Coorg comes from within his own court. Tipu’s biographer and courtier Mir Hussein Kirmani wrote about Tipu’s exploits in Coorg in his The History of Tipu Sultan, “The conquering Sultan dispatched his Amirs and Khans with large bodies of troops to punish those idolaters and reduce the whole country (Coorg) to subjection. They attacked and destroyed many towns. Eight thousand men, women, and children were taken as prisoners. They were collected in an immense crowd like a flock of sheep or herd of bullocks.”
Tipu claims he took 40,000 Coorgs as prisoners and forcibly converted them to Islam and incorporated them into his Ahmadi corps.
According to the Mysore Gazetteer of the time, when Tipu was finally vanquished, only two temples in his kingdom performed daily pujas. The Gazetteer estimates that Tipu destroyed around eight thousand temples in South India.
Portuguese missionary Father Bartholomew wrote in his book, Voyage to East Indies, “Women and children were hanged in Calicut, first mothers were hanged and their children tied to necks of mothers. That barbarian Tipu Sultan tied naked Christians and Hindus to the legs of elephants and made the elephants to move around till the bodies of the helpless victims were torn to pieces.”
After the pillage of Calicut, Tipu wrote to his generals: “Almost all Hindus in Calicut are converted to Islam. Only on the borders of Cochin State a few are still not converted. I am determined to convert them also very soon. I consider this as Jihad to achieve that object.”
Tipu made far-reaching changes to how his kingdom functioned. For instance, he changed the official language from Kannada to Farsi; he renamed cities and towns that had Hindu names; he changed weights and distance measurement to an Arabic system; he changed the calendar, reducing the year to 364 days, and even gave new names for the shorter months, Hindu courtiers, with one notable exception, were replaced. He also exempted Muslims from paying taxes.
Around 2,000 letters were discovered after Tipu’s death in 1799, written in his own handwriting. In them, Tipu frequently calls Hindus kaffirs and infidels. He also refers to Christians, mainly the British, who need to be cleansed or converted if Islam is to be established in India.

I had read some book that also said that he may be good warrior but not a good King.

Well his theme music was very nice. One of the few things I learnt in guitar back when I was in school.

How was the serial allowed to air? I visited Nandi Hills & was told this is where he stayed during summer when on vacation

a7Sar5t.jpg

How was the serial allowed to air?
It was Congress govt then 🙂
I think now BJP govt will never allow to air that serial again.
I know about Tipu Sultan only that much which was broadcast on TV. But what is claimed by authors mentioned in first post is indeed true, then he is surely as bad as Aurangzeb (...for Hindus!).

It was more of a guest house... for a stopover. And maybe it was just a random place & maybe they are promoting so to make people visit & see it.

Madikeri/Coorg is around one hour journey from my place. There is not even a single person who would say good opinion about Tipu here. The Government of Karnataka did a blunder by celebrating Tipu's birthday. During his ruling, Tipu committed large amount of crime in Coorg area. So none think him as a hero here. If this issue continues, I would not be surprised if the people of Coorg bring out their rifles (Majority of them have it). Trust me, the people of Coorg are not someone you want to mess up with.

Regarding that Karnad guy, ignore him. He runs his mouth as he wishes to get publicity. Any publicity is good publicity for him.

Reactions: SVK
Every time I hear someone call these kings as freedom fighters.. I wonder how these kings would have reacted if they were told that they are fighting for the united democratic nation of India in the future [emoji14]

Every time I hear someone call these kings as freedom fighters.. I wonder how these kings would have reacted if they were told that they are fighting for the united democratic nation of India in the future [emoji14]

Violence that started in Coorg over this Tipu issue spreaded to Mangalore and neighbouring districts. Few people have died. Sec 144 has been imposed throughout district till 15th midnight.

Deliberate mischief and incitement. Officially recognised date till now is 20th and it was advanced to 10th for no reason except to coincide with diwali. Sidhdharamiah's revenge for announcing 25th dec as good governance day by the bjp govt.