Timed lamp switch

• Thread starter Thread starter hbkwarez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,681
H

hbkwarez

That's quite risky, considering the great customer support you'll get from MTNL if you screw it up. Another solution to this problem, on the hardware side......is to get a simple timed lamp switch (shouldn't be that expensive.......and you can get it easily in Lamington road in Mumbai, dunno abt delhi.). Simply connect the switch between the power source and the router and program it to switch on and off and 00:00 and 8:00 respectively........

[/b]

GuyZ i went to lamigton road inquired about "timed lamp switch "
But all the shops i visited advised me that i was misexplaning or give
proper name of the device.
One came up and showed me Switch worth R.s1000

Plz tell me the name of the shop where this is available and also state the Price for the same

Thankyou.....

Yeah Rs.1000/- for laziness is quite enough..... 😛 On a serious note......it wud be better to try some software solutions.....rather disturbing ur h/w.Let me c....wud let u know shortly !!!!!!

best solution that i am having..i hav connected my router to switch that is very near and adjacent to my bed..i keep alarm at 7.45am..and need not hav to get up from bed...just put my hand over here n there..and find that switch and shut it off..simple..u dont have to wake up n go near comp..🙂)

Hi!Umm, I guess you could just ask for a switch which can switch on/off at a predefined cost....don't really know the price/where u'll get it because I found the solution to switching to bridge mode much easier to implement (inspite of what I said earlier)Adwait

Thank Then seems the alarm method by whitelotus seems the best....hey whitelotus i need ur 6 gb link my email:rahuldhaval@gmail.com

Playing with the already setup H/W is not advisable...... 🙂

Originally posted by whitelotus@Sep 13 2005, 04:37 PM
best solution that i am having..
i hav connected my router to switch that is very near and adjacent to my bed..
i keep alarm at 7.45am..and need not hav to get up from bed...
just put my hand over here n there..and find that switch and shut it off..simple..u dont have to wake up n go near comp..🙂)
[snapback]25001[/snapback]
[/quote]

:lol:... wat all ppl need to do to get broadband in this country....sleeping with a switch..nevertheless a "Dhansu jugaadu ilaaj" ..😀