• Thread starter Thread starter Daddycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,083

Daddycool

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I have been a loyal MTNL user for years. I began with VSNL dialup years ago, shifted to You (then known as IQARA) and finally settled on MTNL. I got decent and relaible service from MTNL for years.
Now Since about 6 months I have been having reliability issues with MTNL which I hoped they would resolve. They did resolve but it was usually taking too long. I was patient with them thinking that I would shift to Fivenet or Hayai when it finally did arrive here.
But with Fivenet unable to supply me, Hayai's launch nowhere in site and MTNL giving me problems just when I need my internet most, I have decided to take the plunge.
I have called Reliance to discuss feasibility with them. Let me see when they set up a meeting.
I normally hate everything Reliance. If I sign up with Reliance, credit should go to Jymn2005 who has kept repeating how good they have been.

Let us knw how does the shift to reliance goes for u. I too have been a MTNL user for years but now i m tired of the current issues that keep cropping up. I have been pushing on hoping that Hayai wud start 😛 but thats gonna take another 5-6 mnths i guess. 🙁Btw if i am right the Reliance connection is a metro ethernet in mumbai?

same here. frustrated with frequent disconnection of MTNL.And losing hope in hayai launcham moving to hathway (which is good in mumbai)MTNL plan was 2Mbps, 5gb, Rs.748. Hathway is 5Mbps, 5gb, Rs.599.Both exclusive of taxes.

Hathway is 5Mbps, 5gb, Rs.599.
Both exclusive of taxes.

they don't have such good plan in our area .. but limit is 5GB ....

one question .. these isp's have there internal hub to share files so is the downloading from the same get counted in your 5gb quota ???

i don't think hathway has an internal hub. not read abt it anywhere. Hathway is not available in your area? I don't get 5-net, Airtel, etc here 🙂

Hathway is not available in your area? I don't get 5-net, Airtel, etc here 🙂

its available .. but haven't heard about such plan ....

and that internal hub was general question not hathway specific ....

same here. frustrated with frequent disconnection of MTNL.
And losing hope in hayai launch
am moving to hathway (which is good in mumbai)
MTNL plan was 2Mbps, 5gb, Rs.748.
Hathway is 5Mbps, 5gb, Rs.599.
Both exclusive of taxes.

There was someone else on here, I think it was nevillek or someone like that, who moved to Hathway from MTNL. And regretted it. Just a heads up - there might be better options for you in your price range.

As for our launch, some movement has happened this week as my lawyers actually contacted me voluntarily - but as I have mentioned over on my own threads, I will be making a short trip to India to try and speed things up with the government. Doing things from here is slow and difficult.

Hathway? No way. My cablewalla is too possessive to allow anything other than his crappy stuff from someone called Value on line or something like that. He shot down Fivenet too.When I did a speedtest from his office it showed the ISP to be Tata broadband.Anyway Reliance has not contacted me as yet to set up a discussion.I believe I have Tikona access point on my terrace. In view of that I might even consider them as I understand people who have trouble with Tikona (which are plenty) are not so close to an access point. But I still am a bit reluctant after seeing all the horror stories written here. Perhaps things may become a little clearer when Matt actually comes to India. Then I might hold off switching right now and wait a bit longer.All depends on how well and quickly Reliance responds.

Hathway? No way. My cablewalla is too possessive to allow anything other than his crappy stuff from someone called Value on line or something like that. He shot down Fivenet too.
When I did a speedtest from his office it showed the ISP to be Tata broadband.
Anyway Reliance has not contacted me as yet to set up a discussion.
I believe I have Tikona access point on my terrace. In view of that I might even consider them as I understand people who have trouble with Tikona (which are plenty) are not so close to an access point. But I still am a bit reluctant after seeing all the horror stories written here. Perhaps things may become a little clearer when Matt actually comes to India. Then I might hold off switching right now and wait a bit longer.
All depends on how well and quickly Reliance responds.

Who is your cablewala again?

^ Shri Kalika VisionMatt how soon will Hayai Lite roll out in Andheri (E) if your imminent visit strikes pay-dirt? I'm asking because Lite may be quicker to reach me than fibre. And also my primary use will be VOIP with a bit of browsing and You tube thrown in for good measure. I believe the 20 GB do.

^ Shri Kalika Vision
Matt how soon will Hayai Lite roll out in Andheri (E) if your imminent visit strikes pay-dirt? I'm asking because Lite may be quicker to reach me than fibre. And also my primary use will be VOIP with a bit of browsing and You tube thrown in for good measure. I believe the 20 GB do.

Name rings a bell...

I wouldn't be surprised if there's already been rollouts of BTS's all over the place, though since I'm not directly managing the wireless part, I would have to check, but I wouldn't expect it to be very long.

Now if u say good bye to all ISP's so what is left, only cabblewalla's or cable operater's like 5 net, spectranet etc.

So now game is changed and many r opting 4 reliance ATM(AT the moment) 4 better speeds and stability but still doubt the Customer care, if so then wait 4 HAYAI to come.

But i can guarantee u R is till now the best quality Broadband for both wired & wireless but their CC is the opposite, but who cares untill & unless their service is working well & good.

I have been a Internet user since about as many years as you have been on this earth. In all that time this is my third ISP. So if I keep to that pace, you will double your age by the time I am through with 6. Figure that out.
I agree that Reliance looks like the best bet among current operators but in my view at least, Reliance is a company you can have as a girl friend, not as a wife if one can understand what I mean. Even if I do switch to Reliance, I will keep looking over my shoulder to see if they have a knife in my back.
In any case, I am a person with almost zero brand loyalty. I will stick with a product or service as long as it makes sense to do so. I will switch when it makes better sense to do so.