Timbl fraud : Capping/throttling speed because of lockdown without any intimation or refund

ISP
Railwire
Just got 50 Mbps connection ,talked to customer care guy he says speed has been capped at 30 Mbps because of lockdown. This is fraudulent and appalling behaviour. No ISP has capped it's speed . They charged me for 50 Mbps . Such disappointing service . Anyone else facing the issue ? Mention ur area and ISP

Bsnl also capped speed initially but restored it.
I don't think it is illegal practised.
Because,as per the rules,they jjst have to maintain mentioned speed till ISP node.
Also,speed is said to be "upto 50mbps"
It means upto 50 mbps.Now,you should understand it clearly that it is a common practice.

I agree with "upto point " .But timbl's speed doesn't go beyond 30 so it's actually upto 30 Mbps (charging price for upto 50 Mbps ). Also they should inform the potential customer about Capping before giving connection. You can't restrict speed for 20 days + by charging full amount from customer. For brief period Capping is acceptable but for full month it becomes illegit. Either they should issue proportional refund or remove Capping ( Airtel in my city is providing speed as per plan , same with jio fiber no capping )

I agree with your point.But, after all,normal user don't care about speed unless they are geeky like our forum members.Thus,these ISP get through without any issues.
Secindly,it varies per the congestion...BSNL still use capping on my 50mbps plan if i use full speed for longer peroid.But burst speed goes upto 100 mbps,thus normal traffic is unaffected.
I don't know scenario of Timbl.
Complain to OG PORTAL of central government but it may not be taken up quickly due to Corona crisis.
We can just wait.

Most of the companies put in their terms and conditions that capping could be done if excessive usage or congestion is found . From the moment I got connection , my speed has been capped ( @ 30 Mbps even with 0 gb usage ). Probably Due to high load during lockdown they have done this .but Why should customers face consequences because of their lack of infrastructure? Also there is no certainty when lockdown will end .
And I agree with the "normal user " point , most of the people wouldn't even notice any difference unless geek like us. So it's a win - win situation for company, they are fooling customers and no need to pay refund and no money to be spent to increase server resources.

Either you can take a legal depending on your rage. (no matter whatever contract you signed...clauses can always be challenged🙂

Or I would advise the same to everyone on local/small ISPs:

Completely agree with u ! I have airtel and jio available in my city but not in my area so had to go for this crap company 🙁 Though I have registered complaint with the appellate authority , I am yet to receive their response. Let's see ...

Just got 50 Mbps connection ,talked to customer care guy he says speed has been capped at 30 Mbps because of lockdown. This is fraudulent and appalling behaviour. No ISP has capped it's speed . They charged me for 50 Mbps . Such disappointing service . Anyone else facing the issue ? Mention ur area and ISP

How did you get a new connection in lockdown?
Which area are we talking here?
I've been trying to get a new connection in Dwarka, New Delhi; but they always say "Sir it is not possible right now"

@dagasaheb Because they have not covered Dwarka completely. Have you checked on their website that if they are available at your location or not?

How did you get a new connection in lockdown?
Which area are we talking here?
I've been trying to get a new connection in Dwarka, New Delhi; but they always say "Sir it is not possible right now"
I m talking about UP , Allahabad

It a temporary thing. Be grateful they installed ur connection in such times.
Even on international servers i am getting 80mbps for 100mbps plan with excitel.

@igloo They have been providing new connections very emphatically in my area even during lockdown. Calling it 50 Mbps plan without informing about speed capping before installing connection is unethical I believe.And I wouldn't mind if it was for just few days .However they started capping around mid April and plan to continue till lockdown ends ( there is no certainty when lockdown ends it could be extended to mid May also ) So a customer would be paying for 1 month+ full tariff for almost half speed as claimed. That's shady !

Update : Got a call from technical team ,And they have refused to give proportional refund or to remove Capping till lockdown ( gave reason such as congestion for speed capping, also said will even further continue speed limiting after 3 may if lockdown doesn't end ).

As such the customer needs to pay for full tariff for their lack of infrastructure/ unethical practices. So much in the name of service and quality.

Please be advised while choosing such ISPs

@dagasaheb Because they have not covered Dwarka completely. Have you checked on their website that if they are available at your location or not?

I did check the website & my house is covered under one of the areas mentioned on their site. In my opinion, feasibility is the issue right now

Update : Got a call from technical team ,And they have refused to give proportional refund or to remove Capping till lockdown ( gave reason such as congestion for speed capping, also said will even further continue speed limiting after 3 may if lockdown doesn't end ).

As such the customer needs to pay for full tariff for their lack of infrastructure/ unethical practices. So much in the name of service and quality.

Please be advised while choosing such ISPs

I suggest just wait till the lockdown is over. Once lockdown is over, & the capping still continues, consumer court is one way to deal with it.