Timbl Broadband Review

I recently shifted from excitel to Timbl broadband. Excitel in my area does not offer FTTH and their transit speed chokes during evening time (9 pm-12 am).

I am on a 50mbps FTTH Unlimited connection paying about Rs 700/month (inclusive of taxes). Static IP if you need is another 400/month. ONU Security was Rs. 500. Running my own router with Unifi Access Point.

It's been 6 days since I shifted has till now there has been no downtime. Initially, I had to contact the customer care to get the admin password of the ONU which was given to me within a day or two.
Another great point about Timbl is that they offer dynamic public IPs to every user. No port blocked, you can run whatever you want and with a dynamic DNS service, you basically have a static IP equivalent domain name.
Timbl uses google DNS by default.

Below are a few speedtest results to UK, US, Singapore, Ind using on speedtest. Upload struggles a bit but I won't be uploading much to US/UK. Tested on a 5Ghz wifi.

FNd125d.png

EIIC7cz.png

nATXfYG.png

W1ylIwk.png

I will keep updating the thread with my findings.

@JB700: whats yor primary ISP for 300 GB a day?

@igloo 7 members , single 4K stream most of the day, rest 1080p .Usually its way lower like 30-60GB a day. Everyones binging content now because there is nothing to do. Hotstar has low bitrate so it doesn't eat up that much but Netflix and Amazon prime do.

@Realme I use TriplePlay and PNPL . I have three devices set to via Tripleplay and rest via PNPL. I stopped seeding linux ISOs from home ever since lockdown 😛

Depends on the bitrate .

@aakshey :

...640 K storage is enough for anyone --Bill Gates

More than 640 K , they must be pirates -- Mahatma Gandhi

On serious note with increasing complexity data usage/storage demands are increasing, ironically on home users ends.

Gamer + Discord: Data Hog build up soon.

Grandma+Youtube+Talking with relatives(video call) : data Hog

@igloo: HD(1080p) at 20+ mbps bitrate is around 30-44 GB for one hour + something minutes, multiple HD streams will consume that much data?

I have heard of HVC these days but I don't know if Indians have that gear to run it

@dagasaheb Airtel has 3.3 TB FUP and Excitel has no FUP. Airtel is more stable than Excitel.
The services of Excitel depend majorly on the LCO. My LCO provides great service. But don't know why he doesn't want to invest in Excitel Fiber.

@dagasaheb Airtel has 3.3 TB FUP and Excitel has no FUP. Airtel is more stable than Excitel.
The services of Excitel depend majorly on the LCO. My LCO provides great service. But don't know why he doesn't want to invest in Excitel Fiber.
Tbh for me airtel vdsl and excitel fiber are on same level as far as reliability is concern.
Excitel ethernet was hopeless in comparison.