Timbl Broadband Review

I recently shifted from excitel to Timbl broadband. Excitel in my area does not offer FTTH and their transit speed chokes during evening time (9 pm-12 am).

I am on a 50mbps FTTH Unlimited connection paying about Rs 700/month (inclusive of taxes). Static IP if you need is another 400/month. ONU Security was Rs. 500. Running my own router with Unifi Access Point.

It's been 6 days since I shifted has till now there has been no downtime. Initially, I had to contact the customer care to get the admin password of the ONU which was given to me within a day or two.
Another great point about Timbl is that they offer dynamic public IPs to every user. No port blocked, you can run whatever you want and with a dynamic DNS service, you basically have a static IP equivalent domain name.
Timbl uses google DNS by default.

Below are a few speedtest results to UK, US, Singapore, Ind using on speedtest. Upload struggles a bit but I won't be uploading much to US/UK. Tested on a 5Ghz wifi.

FNd125d.png

EIIC7cz.png

nATXfYG.png

W1ylIwk.png

I will keep updating the thread with my findings.

You can check if Triple Play is available in your area. Quality of service is similar to Excitel.
Only difference I find is Excitel uses VSNL/ Tata but Triple Play uses Airtel as backend.

Well, I can say for sure that customer support was way better than excitel. If the normal customer care peeps don't understand what the problem is just tell them to open a ticket with a message and once someone from the technical department calls you back just explain the problem to them.

Uptime is good I tried timbl for a month before going back to excitel and in that one month there was a downtime of about 2 hrs which was due to a fiber cut. Speed choking was there although once I disconnected they ensured me that it has been fixed (can't verify this claim).

Airtel VoWIFI does not work with timbl. I have already informed them about this and they told me they are working on a fix.

Torrent are not throttled. You can seed to private/public trackers. I tried a linux iso which was seeding at almost 4-5MB/s so no issues there. Torrent sites are blocked (as they use airtel for their upstream).

I would suggest you to try timbl for a month (I would advise you to never pay for multi-month plans for any ISP). It was a good experience for me.

If they fix the WiFi calling I would jump over to timbl ASAP. The speed choking issue is same with both excitel and timbl and every other Local ISP (mostly) so that doesn't matter.
I am a timbl user for 8 months now, VoWIFI was working from the starting on both jio and airtel, maybe your issue was something different

Possible but whenever I connected to a different wifi, the VoWiFi started working. I will reacharge my timbl account next month and give it a shot again.

I am a timbl user for 8 months now, VoWIFI was working from the starting on both jio and airtel, maybe your issue was something different

How much downtime did you face in your 8 months of Timbl usage?
And which area are we talking here?

How much downtime did you face in your 8 months of Timbl usage?
And which area are we talking here?
In the starting, quite a lot, once faced a downtime of 4 days straight, they assured me that they didn't have proper staff till then, after that the connection worked ok for about 2 months without a single day of downtime. Normally, occasional downtimes are there, once around a week, that too gets fixed within a few hours. The staff in my area know me now, I have recommended 8-9 connections to them, so in a way they process my request on priority now 😛

I am from rewari, haryana

I called Timbl to get a new connection but they told me to wait for at least a week because of the lockdown.
Even though the lockdown is still there, I was little surprised with the idea of any ISP not jumping on the prospect of a new customer

He has mentioned earlier that his work requires him to backup a ton of data every quarter.

Piracy doesn't necessarily mean a person will use terabytes of data per month or vice versa.

For instance my home has been using 100-200GB a day ever since lock down started excluding my home server. It's completely from streaming legit (Hotstar, Netflix), Youtube and to a lesser extent Facebook.

Also piracy with no seeding (or seeding only while leeching) doesn't use that much more data compared to legit streaming services.