Timbl Broadband Review

I recently shifted from excitel to Timbl broadband. Excitel in my area does not offer FTTH and their transit speed chokes during evening time (9 pm-12 am).

I am on a 50mbps FTTH Unlimited connection paying about Rs 700/month (inclusive of taxes). Static IP if you need is another 400/month. ONU Security was Rs. 500. Running my own router with Unifi Access Point.

It's been 6 days since I shifted has till now there has been no downtime. Initially, I had to contact the customer care to get the admin password of the ONU which was given to me within a day or two.
Another great point about Timbl is that they offer dynamic public IPs to every user. No port blocked, you can run whatever you want and with a dynamic DNS service, you basically have a static IP equivalent domain name.
Timbl uses google DNS by default.

Below are a few speedtest results to UK, US, Singapore, Ind using on speedtest. Upload struggles a bit but I won't be uploading much to US/UK. Tested on a 5Ghz wifi.

FNd125d.png

EIIC7cz.png

nATXfYG.png

W1ylIwk.png

I will keep updating the thread with my findings.

@dagasaheb airtel now comes with 299 topup which gives 3.3tb fup.
If you can switch to monthly backup routine instead of pushing all the data at one go.

I think even airtel will not work. Even if he does it monthly and lets say the total data is about 10-12TB. He will need to upload 3 TB/month (assuming quarterly). Leaving around 300GB for the rest usage.

One thing you can try is to get 2 airtel connections. It would be more stable than any other ISP.

@dagasaheb airtel now comes with 299 topup which gives 3.3tb fup.
If you can switch to monthly backup routine instead of pushing all the data at one go.

I know but it is not in my hands to decide when to back up the drives. My employer is paying for broadband; hence it is my responsibility to back up at the scheduled times
I did ask Airtel to provide me 3.3TB of data repeatedly by paying Rs 299 for each time I add the top-up, but they started giving the leased line crap. They told me it is not possible. Neither does airtel provide more than one connection at the same premise

Reactions: a.c
where are you backing up all this data 😯

The work I do as a part of my job belongs to the employer. It is not intellectual property but still the company owns it. My data requirement is not personal home usage, that is why it is TB's & not GB's, once in 3-5 months

Hey! Nextra is offering 200mbps unlimited @Rs599 & 100mbps unlimited@Rs 400-ish........ Has anyone tried it?

i wonder if colocation is the solution here. 🥴

i doubt any home broadband service provider would consider this fair usage.

Ask airtel sales guy how to get second connection at same place not support guys.

I did ask them but they said the premise address on paper has to be different.
Now, I can't take an additional connection in my neighbor's name

i wonder if colocation is the solution here. 🥴

i doubt any home broadband service provider would consider this fair usage.

Now, if you perceive this collectively, from one back-up to another; I would be using 7-8 TB of data for 90-150 days on a mean average, personally, I don't think it is Unfair usage!!!!!

Thats not excitel like unlimited. Call and ask.

This is a strange issue. If the data is unlimited like Excitel, stability is nowhere to be found. If stability is easily available like Airtel, data is available with limits