Timbl Broadband Review

I recently shifted from excitel to Timbl broadband. Excitel in my area does not offer FTTH and their transit speed chokes during evening time (9 pm-12 am).

I am on a 50mbps FTTH Unlimited connection paying about Rs 700/month (inclusive of taxes). Static IP if you need is another 400/month. ONU Security was Rs. 500. Running my own router with Unifi Access Point.

It's been 6 days since I shifted has till now there has been no downtime. Initially, I had to contact the customer care to get the admin password of the ONU which was given to me within a day or two.
Another great point about Timbl is that they offer dynamic public IPs to every user. No port blocked, you can run whatever you want and with a dynamic DNS service, you basically have a static IP equivalent domain name.
Timbl uses google DNS by default.

Below are a few speedtest results to UK, US, Singapore, Ind using on speedtest. Upload struggles a bit but I won't be uploading much to US/UK. Tested on a 5Ghz wifi.

FNd125d.png

EIIC7cz.png

nATXfYG.png

W1ylIwk.png

I will keep updating the thread with my findings.

ijsa

Regular
ISP
Excitel
You can check if Triple Play is available in your area. Quality of service is similar to Excitel.
Only difference I find is Excitel uses VSNL/ Tata but Triple Play uses Airtel as backend.

ISP
Railwire
Well, I can say for sure that customer support was way better than excitel. If the normal customer care peeps don't understand what the problem is just tell them to open a ticket with a message and once someone from the technical department calls you back just explain the problem to them.

Uptime is good I tried timbl for a month before going back to excitel and in that one month there was a downtime of about 2 hrs which was due to a fiber cut. Speed choking was there although once I disconnected they ensured me that it has been fixed (can't verify this claim).

Airtel VoWIFI does not work with timbl. I have already informed them about this and they told me they are working on a fix.

Torrent are not throttled. You can seed to private/public trackers. I tried a linux iso which was seeding at almost 4-5MB/s so no issues there. Torrent sites are blocked (as they use airtel for their upstream).

I would suggest you to try timbl for a month (I would advise you to never pay for multi-month plans for any ISP). It was a good experience for me.

If they fix the WiFi calling I would jump over to timbl ASAP. The speed choking issue is same with both excitel and timbl and every other Local ISP (mostly) so that doesn't matter.
I am a timbl user for 8 months now, VoWIFI was working from the starting on both jio and airtel, maybe your issue was something different

a.c

ISP
Excitel
Possible but whenever I connected to a different wifi, the VoWiFi started working. I will reacharge my timbl account next month and give it a shot again.

ISP
Railwire
How much downtime did you face in your 8 months of Timbl usage?
And which area are we talking here?
In the starting, quite a lot, once faced a downtime of 4 days straight, they assured me that they didn't have proper staff till then, after that the connection worked ok for about 2 months without a single day of downtime. Normally, occasional downtimes are there, once around a week, that too gets fixed within a few hours. The staff in my area know me now, I have recommended 8-9 connections to them, so in a way they process my request on priority now :p

I am from rewari, haryana

ISP
Airtel
I called Timbl to get a new connection but they told me to wait for at least a week because of the lockdown.
Even though the lockdown is still there, I was little surprised with the idea of any ISP not jumping on the prospect of a new customer

JB701

Urban Naxal
ISP
TriplePlay/Excitel
He has mentioned earlier that his work requires him to backup a ton of data every quarter.

Piracy doesn't necessarily mean a person will use terabytes of data per month or vice versa.

For instance my home has been using 100-200GB a day ever since lock down started excluding my home server. It's completely from streaming legit (Hotstar, Netflix), Youtube and to a lesser extent Facebook.

Also piracy with no seeding (or seeding only while leeching) doesn't use that much more data compared to legit streaming services.