Tikona service in chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter mohraboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 34,053

mohraboy

ISP
Reliance Netconnect+
I was a reliance customer for nearly two years, I shifted my house and reliance says they don't have connection there, even though my new house is just opposite street in same area. Now I am looking for another service provider. I was going through tikona website, it seems there is a plan for 999 for 2mbps speed, is it unlimited or has FUP, I don't see anywhere they mention about FUP.
Also, I need feedback from Chennai users, is their service good in Chennai? Please let me know.

Hi
Most of reviews Negative for Ikona, better take it for a month and test it ( initially most providers will say support in 24 hrs)
try using it on ur mobile and check whether you get Wifi Signal.. dont take 3months pack! you have to check for a month
iam in porur iam using Airpath ( not so fast) 512kbps Rs 800 expensive
irtel landline Broadband would be better and service is best
Hope this will help you

regardsram

Tikona 999 2Mbps plan unlimited has an FUP of 30GB, beyond which your peak time speeds might reduce if there is heavy traffic. Basically, your contention ratio changes from 1:20 to 1:50.
However, from personal experience it is observed that there is not much speed differential if you do not cross your FUP regularly.

Not sure about it these days for the 999 plan. Coz Tikona have now washed off all mentions of FUP from their site!
Edit: Ok. Found the 50GB limit in the TRAI format.

@ChaiBiskutBhair u using tikona? how good is the connection and reliability and support..how good is it?

I had tikona service( a/c no: 121765008, ID no: 1110207210).It was awfully bad either it is slow or no service) Later we disconnected the Tikona service and We decided to change the service to ACT Fibrenet service. After disconnection Tikona took more than a month to remove their accessories and they refused to give receipt stating that it will be updated in the mail. But they failed to do that. In the meantime people from Mumbai continued to mail that I have to pay Rs.1500 for the accessories. They are simply sitting there without knowing ground reality in chennai. Tikona customer service is very worst like their broadband service. Fortunately I have recorded my talk with their executive from chennai who has accepted the receipt of accessories and he told me he will send the receipt by mail. Again so far nothing happened. U will be harassed continuously in case when you disconnect service. It is the worst of the lot.

I personally beg brothers and sisters here not to take Tikona ever. I've not been using this connection for months and I've clearly called them emailed them (j nair) several times to disconnect. Yet bills are getting generated. Very recently I paid the outstanding bill and again requested them to close the connection. Today I got a message saying my bill has been generated. I'm very frustrated and I took the pain to come here and review them. They are looting customers. If you don't pay bills you'll get a call from court saying we have to pay bill or you'll have to come to Delhi for this silly case. I don't have anymore time for these a**h*les. Another thing is,their customer service is a myth. They will never take calls.

Request everyone's cooperation to close this bloody company.