Tikona configuration using binatone DT845W

• Thread starter Thread starter dildileep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 9,698

dildileep

ISP
tikona
We already have binatone router, so we asked the Tikona sales people whether that is possible to connect WIFI using it? they said yes.. Now after paying 1800, the installation person have not configured it. When we called customer care they said it is not possible to have wifi without tikona router and asked to pay additional 1500. I saw in many threads which says its possible but we am unable to configure it... I want to know whether it is feasible to have wifi using Tikona and Binatone?

We already have binatone router, so we asked the Tikona sales people whether that is possible to connect WIFI using it? they said yes.. Now after paying 1800, the installation person have not configured it. When we called customer care they said it is not possible to have wifi without tikona router and asked to pay additional 1500. I saw in many threads which says its possible but we am unable to configure it... I want to know whether it is feasible to have wifi using Tikona and Binatone?
According to my knowledge ur router must be registered with them. Thats all

According to my knowledge ur router must be registered with them. Thats all

Do you know how can that be done? When i call the customer care they say, that we cannot do that.. we do only for tikona router...

u need following to set in ur routernetwork ssid : tikonawifisecurity : 802.1xEAPEAP method : PEAP/TTls (wichever works better for u)Phase 2 authe : MSCHAPV2identity : ur tikona id (in some routers it is user certificate)password : ur password

i was not able to find where to change the setting of the fields security, eap method, phase 2 you auth. Could you please assist me in configuring it? This problem is bothering us for a long time.

SORRY FOR LATE REPLY

MY SYSTEM CRASHED

The process is not that elaborate though!

just plug the LAN cable coming from the roof top antenna into the WAN port of router . Then on router config. page set it to DHCP & manually set the DNS values used by Tikona (my router config. doesnt have the option of automatic DNS) so in your case you can select "Obtain DNS Automatically" You can also enable MAC ID clone (it will clone your laptop MAC id to the router) Then save your settings.

Then connect your laptop to your router through LAN cable or WiFi & then go to http://1.254.254.254 on your browser & login with your Tikona ID.

Let me know if this helped! Also its better we do this troubleshooting on this forum itself so that other members can use these information!

P.S. TO get into router config page type 192.168.1.1 on your browser window

P.S. 2 forget about my last settings post it is for those who dont have a wifi anteena & want to use tikona signal on their iPhone or other wifi device

i was not able to find where to change the setting of the fields security, eap method, phase 2 you auth. Could you please assist me in configuring it? This problem is bothering us for a long time.

sorry for late post

my system crashed badly.

The process is not that elaborate though!

just plug the LAN cable coming from the roof top antenna into the WAN port of router. Then on router config. page set it to DHCP & manually set the DNS values used by Tikona (as router config. doesnt have the option of automatic DNS) so in your case you can select "Obtain DNS Automatically" (if you have that option) You can also enable MAC ID clone (it will clone your laptop MAC id to the router) Then save your settings.

Then connect your laptop to your router through LAN cable or WiFi & then go to http://1.254.254.254 on your browser & login with your Tikona ID. do not switch off router after that.

Let me know if this helped! Also its better we do this troubleshooting on this forum itself so that other members can use these information!

P.S. to open router config goto 192.168.1.1 in internet explorer after u have pluged everything

P.S.2 forget about my last post it was for thoes who wanted to connect their wifi devices like laptop or i phone etc
directly to tikona network (without a router)