Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 256,960
Worst Internet service provider in India. I have this connection since 3-4mths, I’ve had a to make an avg of 4-5 complains every mth. The connection is not stable at all, keeps getting disconnected and the customer service at my local pan beedi shop is better than this company. If the plans are cheaper, its only because they suck at everything. I had to buy a dongle usb as a back up because of the number of times i got disconnected. Stay away from this Internet service provider. Tata photon is the best if your not a heavy user or go for Tata docomo broadband.

Dear Subscriber,

This is a gentle reminder to follow-up on your concern listed on July 15, 2014. Requesting you to share details in order for us to assist/resolve your concern. Kindly share your details with us on tikonacare@tikona.in mentioning your assigned reference number TIKJL1291 in the subject line.

Regards,

Tikona Care

This is a complete waste of time. I have never experienced such crap customer service. Only solution to the problem is to change the connection and get 'any' other service provider

Dont go for tikona. They are still harassing me. They are saying calling from delhi court. I had paid my last amt already by discussing wid them only. Really want to f*** these tikona guys.

Applied on 5th Nov and got my connection on 7th Nov. Till date no issues, just one second I feel the internet freezes. I don't know is it router problem or Tikona. But rest everything is working fine. I have got 2mbps 800rs plan with 30 GB FUP.

Sled test on 7th Nov; Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Speed test on 8nov: Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Speed test on 9th Nov:
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

The pole or tower or Tikona AP is just bang opposite to my house. And after 3 days I feel it's good. Hope I get such service all the time. Fingers crossed

I agree with so many users they are real fraud and hopeless service.

They never let you dis connect and keep on raising bill and try to threaten you with legal action.

Very poor service . I used there service for 1 month and paying there bills since last 3 months and still they are not ready to dis connect there connection

hopeless

If you want others to read your experience, post it in a format that is easier to read.

Applied on 5th Nov and got my connection on 7th Nov. Till date no issues, just one second I feel the internet freezes. I don't know is it router problem or Tikona. But rest everything is working fine. I have got 2mbps 800rs plan with 30 GB FUP.

Sled test on 7th Nov; Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Speed test on 8nov: Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Speed test on 9th Nov:
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

The pole or tower or Tikona AP is just bang opposite to my house. And after 3 days I feel it's good. Hope I get such service all the time. Fingers crossed

Anuraag, just wait for 1-2 weeks and then tell us you feedback.. Even i was happy when I took Tikona.. however the pain was felt 1 weeks after the connection... with Tikona connection speed is not an issue.. it is connection instability which is an issue..

Just had problem in connection because of their poor telenet device inside my house. Banged it hard , tied the wires tightly , working fine and back to normal. Signal is always 100% on roof top, but this inside home device is so cheap. That's the reason many might get poor internet. My friend was unable to get it because of poor signal in his area.

Update: TP-Link WR740N router, Is giving problems. Connected the LAN cabled directly to my laptop, no problems. All solved.

Last edited:
My Tiona user id 1111475641. I have taken Tikona broadband connection on 30-10-2014 from the salesperson called Raja (9791313171). He asked me pay 2 months rental plus Rs. 500 for installation. The total was Rs. 3034. I wanted the try their service for one day to see whether they give uninterrupted service or not. I already heard about Tikona's service is very bad through my friends. But, the salesperson promised me that I will get proper service, if not, I can disconnect and get the money back. So, I paid the full amount of Rs. 3034 on 30-10-2014. They activated my connection on 31-10-2014. But, the connection wasn't working continuously. My connection was disconnected very often. I called customer support to fix my problem. They claimed that the problem was fixed through online. But, they never fixed it. I called every day to rectify my problem. But they couldn't fix it. Then finally, I went for disconnection on 4-11-2014. One guy called, Vipin, agreed to disconnect the service, but he asked me to give one more day to resolve the issue. I agreed for that. One technician came on 5-11-2014 to my home and tried to fix it. The connection was good for 2 hours and then again I got disconnection problem. Finally, I told them I want to disconnect the service and switched off their modem on 6-11-2014 and disconnected it from my computer. My billing cycle is from 7th to 6th every month. And, then they sent someone to collect the modem, I hand it over to him. After all these, I called many times, they don't want to talk to me. When I raise request, they will call, but when I attend the phone, they just hung up. Finally, I was able to get answer from one customer support. He says, I won't get any refund amount. He claims that I was not ready to resolve the problem. What a BIG LIE!
Here are the complaints I made to resolve the issue:
Date: Request No. Person Name:
2014-10-31 1-3264097838 Chetan
2014-11-01 1-3264587343 Tanmay
2014-11-02 Muthu, Ashwin Kumar
2014-11-03 Mahesh, Ajinkya
2014-11-04 1-3267482967 Swapnil, Dinesh, Vipin
2014-11-05 1-3268466534
2014-11-06 1-3267482967 Priya
The list is going on... Is there any way to get my refund amount? I can't let these cheaters keep on cheating the public.

Tomorrow will be my last day with Tikona. Moving to Beam.

Only reason: It gives a 4mbps max speed. Been extremely happy with it for the past 3 years. Time to experience 15mbps.

My Tiona user id 1111475641. I have taken Tikona broadband connection on 30-10-2014 from the salesperson called Raja (9791313171). He asked me pay 2 months rental plus Rs. 500 for installation. The total was Rs. 3034. I wanted the try their service for one day to see whether they give uninterrupted service or not. I already heard about Tikona's service is very bad through my friends. But, the salesperson promised me that I will get proper service, if not, I can disconnect and get the money back. So, I paid the full amount of Rs. 3034 on 30-10-2014. They activated my connection on 31-10-2014. But, the connection wasn't working continuously. My connection was disconnected very often. I called customer support to fix my problem. They claimed that the problem was fixed through online. But, they never fixed it. I called every day to rectify my problem. But they couldn't fix it. Then finally, I went for disconnection on 4-11-2014. One guy called, Vipin, agreed to disconnect the service, but he asked me to give one more day to resolve the issue. I agreed for that. One technician came on 5-11-2014 to my home and tried to fix it. The connection was good for 2 hours and then again I got disconnection problem. Finally, I told them I want to disconnect the service and switched off their modem on 6-11-2014 and disconnected it from my computer. My billing cycle is from 7th to 6th every month. And, then they sent someone to collect the modem, I hand it over to him. After all these, I called many times, they don't want to talk to me. When I raise request, they will call, but when I attend the phone, they just hung up. Finally, I was able to get answer from one customer support. He says, I won't get any refund amount. He claims that I was not ready to resolve the problem. What a BIG LIE!
Here are the complaints I made to resolve the issue:
Date: Request No. Person Name:
2014-10-31 1-3264097838 Chetan
2014-11-01 1-3264587343 Tanmay
2014-11-02 Muthu, Ashwin Kumar
2014-11-03 Mahesh, Ajinkya
2014-11-04 1-3267482967 Swapnil, Dinesh, Vipin
2014-11-05 1-3268466534
2014-11-06 1-3267482967 Priya
The list is going on... Is there any way to get my refund amount? I can't let these cheaters keep on cheating the public.

Welcome to Tikona exp... Had the similar exp.. I didn't return their Rs 4000 worth device.. They are still calling me from Tis Hajari court and I am having fun with them..
For you my advice would be... apply for a new Tikona connection.. Once same sales rep comes.. vasool your paisa from sales rep...

Tikona - poor speed, worse service support, no response for the compliants
I have logged complaint "N" number of times, but since 4 months they are not solving the issue.
Connectivity is very bad and speed is so slow that I am not able to open my gmail page
also forget about doing video calls.
I have told the customer care to send someone and solve the issue but they
don't send any one and in fact he was saying we will try to solve the issue from
our end first and then we will send someone if needed.
This is happening since last 4 months There is no response from customer care.
I complained many times but they didn't resolved my problem.
worst customer care, worst service engineer. I called many times but they
didn't attend my call. I bought 4mbps plan but its working like as 256 kbps speed only.
I try to change plan but customer never attend my call.
very very worst network speed, worst response.
Everytime, answer is we will resolve this issue within few hours that's it,
can you understand the business needs please ? we can understand it may
happens sometime but there should be some limit man..... I made at least 50 complaints by calling customer care and 0-70 emails in 2 months for technical problems.
my id: 1112734363