Tikona Broadband: Circuit breaker Plans @2 mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter yogusmilu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 47,458

yogusmilu

ISP
Tikona broadband UL 1000mbps
Guys Yesterday Tikona guys came to my flat to show me their plans and demo.I asked them to show me there 2 mbps speed on my laptop .Although I have tata indicom dsl line (Unlimited 2mbps @night). I was amazed to see the speed its whooping 550kbps downloading speed. I kept downloading my 100 mb file . It took 3-4 mnt to download .The speed was constant.:thumb:Any way I have applied for unlimited plan @ 1000kbps @ night and 600kbps @ day time.I will update you further with my experience with tikona.:dance:Regards

What is the price for it?

Their website?

EDIT: This; http://www.tikona.in/tarrif.html

1249 for 600kbps @ day and 1000 kbps @ night.

Not so bad but where are their 2 mbps ul plans?

^ No 2mbps unlimited plans at present 🙁.Is the contention ratio 1:30 for unlimited plans good?

^ No 2mbps unlimited plans at present 🙁.

Is the contention ratio 1:30 for unlimited plans good?
yeah, they have written like that but they gave 1:8 ratio.I was also in doubt after reading that but i clarified with them the same .:inodding:

ahem. marketing guy alert!?
hey come on I am not a marketing guy ..
Well last nite i didnt get the speed as they promised me .Whole nite I get 600 kbps as it should be 1000kbps.The speed is not as I thought :frown: ...Well I talked to customer care ..lets see what they do about that.:isorry:

yeah, they have written like that but they gave 1:8 ratio.I was also in doubt after reading that but i clarified with them the same .:inodding:

Then why would they write 1:30 on their website?

As the ISP is new that's why they are giving 1:8 contention ratio I guess.

Anyway anybody knows what the contention ratio of MTNL?

Then why would they write 1:30 on their website?

As the ISP is new that's why they are giving 1:8 contention ratio I guess.

Anyway anybody knows what the contention ratio of MTNL?
Yeah I asked them about the same .He said that its as per TRAI rule :S .I don't understand and also I don't care about that .Anyway I need speed no matter what compression it is. Although he said that they give 1:4 ratio for CB plans and 1:8 for UL plans.
Till now the service is good. let see how much time they keep the same.😉

hey come on I am not a marketing guy ..
Well last nite i didnt get the speed as they promised me .Whole nite I get 600 kbps as it should be 1000kbps.The speed is not as I thought :frown: ...Well I talked to customer care ..lets see what they do about that.:isorry:

plz stop marketing tikona in this forum..plz ...it is not mean for ads.

600 kbps ? then what is the net speed 600 x 8 = 4800 kbps ?mean 4 mbps net or only 600 kbps net i get only 75 kbps on download speed 600/8 = 75😡😡😡😡

I am not a marketing guy. I am only giving you the information regarding this .I havent asked anybody to go for it .Also,FYI I have used almost every ISP since last 2 years and this is not the best I had.I haven't asked and pressurize you or anybody to go for tikona.I dont know if my information means marketing for you .😗@akshit .Yes I am getting 70-75 downloading speed @ 600kbps.:inodding:

Avoid going for Tikona & its very new... I subscribed it 2 months back & now since 15 days its down... talking to call center I get the standard line... your complain has been forwarded to the Technical team... Also previously they confirmed that no security deposit will be charged for the U/L plan (600kbps day / 1mb night) but the 1st bill shows its included in the bill. After 20 emails we get no response...so in short avoid the teething period & see if it survives before dumping your old ISP....

Avoid going for Tikona & its very new... I subscribed it 2 months back & now since 15 days its down... talking to call center I get the standard line... your complain has been forwarded to the Technical team...

Also previously they confirmed that no security deposit will be charged for the U/L plan (600kbps day / 1mb night) but the 1st bill shows its included in the bill. After 20 emails we get no response...

so in short avoid the teething period & see if it survives before dumping your old ISP....
I am waiting for my 1 month bill .Lets see how they charge me . I am having the same plan as yours.:redface:

Service is very very very slow i think they doesn't what to provide net we provide permission before 1month till now they can't even provide demo they have install everything but not proper i can see AP install at terrace but can't get network signal distance would be 25-30feet. Calling dailing & they are fooling waiting for this week last & won't allow them to enter into building for any purpose.

Service is very very very slow i think they doesn't what to provide net we provide permission before 1month till now they can't even provide demo they have install everything but not proper i can see AP install at terrace but can't get network signal distance would be 25-30feet. Calling dailing & they are fooling waiting for this week last & won't allow them to enter into building for any purpose.

In which area you are ? I am getting good speed .It may depends from place to place.