Thunderbird from Mozilla Messaging

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Global Inbox: POP3 users can now combine all of their POP3 accounts into a single global inbox under local folders.

Comprehensive Data Migration: Switching to Thunderbird has never been easier since Thunderbird can now migrate all of your e-mail data including settings, mail folders and address book data from common mail applications such as the Mozilla 1.x Suite, Outlook Express, Outlook and Eudora.

RSS Integration: Thunderbird now features a built in RSS reader which allows you to easily subscribe to and read news and weblogs that support RSS.

Improved Quick Search: Thunderbird now makes it even easier to manage your e-mail. Quick search now supports many different types of search criteria including the ability to search message body text. Thunderbird can also highlight the quick search terms in the message body[/b]

Sounds delicious to me. RSS support is pretty cool... Review soon! 🙂

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8 is out as well

Thunderbird has put special emphasis on controlling Spam mails and preventing computer viruses. In addition, it also supports RSS Aggregation. The latest version also incorporates Saved Search Folder, which makes custom searches easy. The feature is similar to GMail Labels and Opera M2 Filters.

In addition, the mail client also supports importing mails from a variety of sources thus making it moving to it easier. Mozilla Foundation says it forms a perfect companion to Firefox browser.

More: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 is out
Download: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbir...eases/#download

the h@$$le is that it saves in mbox files with NO extension. opera uses mbox and i can use copernic 🙂 i am not sure if copernic can be told to record files with no extension 🙁

I like thunderbird and use it for my email, but one big bother that I had till now was that it won't go into system tray. Well, now its fixed.I do have to say so far I am very impressed with Thunderbird and I’d recommend it to anybody. One thing bugged me, though. I am the sort of person who checks his e-mail every hour on the hour. I wanted to be able to keep it running in my taskbar, so I could be notified whenever I got new mail.

Somebody else has already found a solution. The MinimizeToTray extension from mozdev.org did the trick![/b]
http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/

Hoping you too find it to be as useful as it was for me. Use it alongwith the webmail extension (for hotmail and yahoo to be displayed in Tb). Make the installation unattended and then it becomes mighty convenient - farther than OE ever was.
Enjoy!

Has any body info as to how to configure mozilla thunderbird for dataone?

yes the netscape setting will work. i am using thunderbird for gmail account i have no problem best option would be 1. configure the account in Outlook express and make sure its working2. In thunderbird import the setings through wizard.3. in thunderbird tools ---> import----> settings---->outlook express

heh configuring by proxy excellent idea. people are pretty used to Outlook and Outlook Express...

hi ppl...the msg i send thru thunderbird , it shows me in the inbox folder like i received a new msg 🙁

i wont consider it a thunderbird bug if you are using it to access gmail through pop. it has happened with me and many other people.

Mozilla updates Firefox and Thunderbird
Open Source software developers Mozilla have updated their flagship application Mozilla Firefox. The latest stable release is in version 1.5.0.7.
This latest update fixes as many as seven flaws. Four of these have been labeled by the developers as critical.
Two of the remaining three bugs are labeled moderate. Security company Secunia [...]

https://broadband.forum/archives/2006/0...nd-thunderbird/

Mozilla makes available Mozilla Thunderbird 2 beta
Open source foundation Mozilla just recently released the first alpha of the Firefox 3 web browser.
They have now released the first beta of their upcoming Thunderbird 2 email client application.
However, the foundation has also said that they have pushed back the rollout of a Firefox security update by nearly [...]

https://broadband.forum/archives/2006/1...derbird-2-beta/