THOUGHT I WAS ONE OF THE FASTEST !

puneet_313

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 8, 2005
HATE TO BRAG but have to confess i thought i had the one of the fastest home connections ....(dont ask how lets jus say i pay A BOMB ! :angry:)
anyways....it doest even compare to thier incredibly fast speeds

puneet_313

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 8, 2005
i mentioned i had a sify connection....india dude.....im from mumbai 2b more specific.....yes India,Mumbai .....i ummmm pay a lot man.....its like i have teh line which they cut into pieces an giv it out to every single subscriber ( 64kbps users/128k )....

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
i am posting here because i was an ex sify user .. [/b]

If you got such great speeds on Sify then why did you leave it :p ? Did you find an even faster connection?

You were directly behind a Subscriber Unit on Sify huh ;) ?

puneet_313

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 8, 2005
hehe.......sify s*cks @$$ ppl......well u see im currently on this guy who provides cablenet locally...no brands here although he uses reliance an some vsnl bandwidth or somethng.....hes said hes got like 10mbps lines hybrid or combined or something fancy like that...basically the guy iz my friend so...gave him da extra $$ and got myself a 100kBps download speed line.......ya'll shuld know i dont get these speesd in all the networks....for e.g. some times (40% of the times) bittorent downloads are really slow like 20-30kBps ........that gets irritatin :angry: ....but all the rest of the time its all good :)

bugatti

Regular
Regulars
Dec 10, 2004
Originally posted by puneet_313@Mar 8 2005, 09:47 PM
HATE TO BRAG but  have to confess i thought i had the one of the fastest home connections ....(dont ask how lets jus say i pay  A BOMB ! :angry:)
anyways....it doest even compare to thier incredibly fast speeds

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
Oh god! What is this, some sort of a masochistic attack :p. Our taps are running dry and you're showing us pics of waterfalls.What does it matter what Japan, EU or US is offering ;). We can ogle at their roads and expressways too and contrast them with our pot-holed roads.And btw I don't think puneet claimed he had one of the fastest home connections in the world (if you visited the link he posted), he said only in India because 90 % of us never get anywhere near those speeds.

bugatti

Regular
Regulars
Dec 10, 2004
If you read his post, he thought he had one of the fastest home connections. And only after he posted in elitecaraudio forums(which by the way is a us site), he became aware of how lacking indian broad/narrowband connections were. Another point is that he states he is paying a lot of money for his dedicated connection.A home connection has to be reasonably priced. You can buy a dedicated 100mbit pipe in japan for 200 $(NTT direct) but B-flets offers 100mbit fiber(shared) for 22 $ a month or 1gbit for 70 $ a month.Either ways, Indian isp's still think broadband is a money minting service rather than a commodity. And those who continue to think that way will pay a price. Heavy price.

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
Tell us something new. If you have insider information that Indian ISPs are sitting on bandwidth and milking us then tell us. I don't really care even if 100 Mbps is available for Rs. 10 in Japan because even nectar is available in heaven LOL.