This Forum Is A Bomb

• Thread starter Thread starter mtnlpacked
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 8,173
google pagerank is a rank between 1-10 google gives for every webpage on the net when it is crawled. it depends upon how many sites and webpages are linking to the particular page.alexa rank is basically a website (not each webpage) rank on the entire internet based on the number of visitors visiting that site. so while most webpages are likely to have a pagerank (even 0) but sites would require people with alexa toolbar or an extension installed to visit on it for a rank.so to get a decent alexa rank i need support for people visiting this forum. pr is what i can manage on my own. 🙂

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 28 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]66951[/snapback]
if you want to contribute to those statistics, feel free to install this extension in firefox...

http://www.quirk.biz/searchstatus/

pretty usable extension. would help alexa ranking of the website as well.
[/b]

Installed...! 😀 , If that helps for the forum to grow...

it's mostly an ego boosting number. but tis always good to see the alexa ranking of a site u ar visiting. 🙂

first i do not know abt alexa.i trust only google and yahoo currently (not even msn)2nd currrently when we are charged per MB i do not wishto install anything which keeps sending info abt everysitei visit to 3rd party.3rd i mostly dislike toolbar (do not use any)may be in future when alexa is popular

first: if you do not know about alexa.com, you must be pretty new to the net.

second: alexa.com is now owned by Amazon.com. now if you do not know amazon.com... i would be umm shocked.

third: the days of alexa.com are practically over. no one gives a shit about it. though Alexa Web Search Platform is an excellent service if you know how to make the best use out of it.

more on alexa.com:

Founded in April 1996, Alexa Internet grew out of a vision of Web navigation that is intelligent and constantly improving with the participation of its users. Along the way Alexa has developed an installed based of millions of toolbars, one of the largest Web crawls and an infrastructure to process and serve massive amounts of data.

For users of Alexa's Toolbar and web site this has resulted in products that have revolutionized Web navigation and intelligence. For developers this has resulted in a set of tools unprecedented in scope allowing whole new services to be created on the Alexa data and platform.

The Alexa Web Search Platform provides public access to the vast web crawl collected by Alexa Internet. Users can search and process billions of documents -- even create their own search engines -- using Alexa's search and publication tools. Alexa provides compute and storage resources that allow users to quickly process and store large amounts of web data. Users can view the results of their processes interactively, transfer the results to their home machine, or publish them as a new web service.

Alexa could not exist without the participation of the Alexa Toolbar community. Each member of the community, in addition to getting a useful tool, is giving back. Simply by using the toolbar each member contributes valuable information about the web, how it is used, what is important and what is not. This information is returned to the community as Related Links, Traffic Rankings and more.[/b]

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 29 2006, 02:18 AM) [snapback]67020[/snapback]
i really do not think alexa toolbar is spyware. it does send the data of the sites you visit to their servers. but that is how u are provided the information u get on the toolbar.

i dont use it coz google toolbar and that extension does better than the alexa toolbar.
[/b]

Thats what I thought too. That it just sends data of sites. But its not all.
I actually installed that toolbar last week & AVG did report it as virus. [Not Alexa directly.but some other name.]

It could not be healed & it had changed the boot sector.I uninstalled Alexa , & no sign of virus since then

yeah. i do agree that a lot of antispyware treats the IE toolbar version of alexa as spyware. that's why i prefer to install firefox versions of the toolbars i use. they are extensions and hence much more safe than IE addons.

hmm...

http://www.alexa.com/site/help/privacy

i had say it's not a very nice tool to have on your browser. i can however trust the firefox edition. if it was not for alexa, we wont have such nice graphs... 🤔

http://www.alexaholic.com/broadbandforum.co?y=n&r=3m&z=5

Forget the toolbar guys, intall the Firefox extension its safe and easy.@Amish:1st: Like Sushubh said if u do not know about Alexa, you must be pretty new to internet.2nd: Even I hate toolbars, but this is a Firefox extension, hope u know what Firefox is... 😉3rd: Nothing to say in this point... 😀

Ok. tell me..how is alexa going to increase popularity of site?do ppl go to alexa.com and search for broadband forum?no, i dont think so. not many know of alexa.ppl go to google.com.. we need to increas google pagerank.just like sushubh said no1 cares for alexa. why spend/wastetime on promoting alexa? try with google.google promotion is way to go not alexa. i feel we are headingin wrong direction. about turn! 😉

alexa rank helps showcases how much traffic you get. google pagerank is not related to traffic on the website. alexa is to popularity. google pagerank is to how smartly the website is promoted on the net. and that really relates to how SEO friendly the site is. and IPB is really not a very SE friendly application. i am waiting for v 2.2 to see if they improved the forum application on that aspect. vb+vbseo is what we call a google friendly package.

Just choi chio just chio .Alexa toolbar is not that bad.I use it to see the ranking plus it shows ppls visited here also visted thisthis site.thats pretty useful to me atleast.I ran xoft se and it gave it as adware.I use IE7 .Am in ishq with IE cann't leave it!

Even though I want to help and contribute to the forum... I am still not going to install that toolbar.

Why not see 2 Mbps forum has crossed 10000 views ....THis is hUge 😱