• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,525

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
I have started to have a very strange problem since yesterday. 6 out of every 10 websites I try to open doesn't open for me, including this forum. Some other websites include http://chat.yahoo.com, http://www.timeanddate.com, http://www.whois.sc etc. but these really are very few examples because if I do a search for anything on google, out of the 10 sites listed at once most fail to open completely or get stuck in the process of opening.

I have tried all DNS servers I know of in all possible combinations. I even @n@1yzed the network traffic and observed that all the URLs are getting resolved but the websites themselves aren't loading. This can also be determined in a simple way by observing the messages that appear at the bottom-left sides of mozilla/firefox. When it's connecting to the DNS server it displays a message "Looking up " and then it displays "Connecting to " on a success. In my case it gets stuck on the message that comes next, "Waiting for ".

It is just failing to fetch the content from the websites even though it is succesfully connecting to them and requesting the content. Very weird problem. I am totally out of ideas. I have complained to Customer Care, got a complaint number and got an @$$urance that a Sify engineer will visit me. Let's see.

Any of you guys know of any more Sify DNS servers other than 202.144.115.4, 202.144.66.6, 202.144.50.4 and 202.144.15.30 for me to try out? Even if it's not a Sify DNS server could you drop it in?

I forgot to mention that this problem ceased for a while yesterday night and I was able to access all the websites. But it's started today again.

202.144.15.30 202.56.230.6these are my settings. and now i know i am still using sify's dns servers 😀

Thanks for the servers. Again I could connect to the DNS servers but the same sites wouldn't open. hehe you're still on Sify servers. Try your Airtel ones, they might give your connection a performance boost 😉

actually when i tried going back it s*cked more. i moved to sify's dns as airtel seems to update their DNS server the latest. recently we bought some new domains and airtel took 2 days to activate domains which got activated on BSNL and Sify in 20 minutes.

Right now I am able to access this forum on Sify, and the other websites too. The strange thing is some time before I am able to access it, I get a MySQL error from this forum saying that there are too many connections to the MySQL DB. This is the second time that it's happened to me. And the most weird thing is all the other sites start opening for me too once this forum is accessible to me (for a certain period of time I suspect).I had saved the screen shot of the error but I seem to have misplaced it. If things happen as before, I will again lose access to this forum for some time, and I'll get that same error before eventually the access is restored. I will then save the error message and post it here.I don't know, but what's crossing my mind is someone is trying to bring down this forum (the too many connections to the this forum message) and while doing so hampering the opening of other sites for me. I suspect it has something to do with routing.Just a wild theory from me. But it's too much of a coincidence that it's the second time that this forum has suddenly become accessible after displaying an error message, after it's out of my reach for so many hours. And all the other sites become accessible with it.

that was indeed a sql error. getting way too many hits on one of my sites. i have now moved that to other server. now there should not be any downtimes on this forum. 🙂