Thinking of shifting from Airtel, need help with specifics

• Thread starter Thread starter jc36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,254
ISP
Airtel
Hello guys, I am thinking about moving from Airtel to ACT since ACT has recently started rolling out in my area. Airtel is not bad, their support is pretty good, but their data caps are atrocious. I am grandfathered to a 150 GB plan which they have stopped, and the speed is not too high either (4 mbps).
The connection will be primarily be used for online gaming and heavy downloading from Steam. Anyone has any feedback pings to EU and Singapore servers in games like Dota 2 and CS GO? How about HD streams in Twitch and Yotutube? I will also probably cross the FUP every month, so I also need to know if their data tracking is accurate. Thanks!

Anyone?

jc36 said:
Hello guys, I am thinking about moving from Airtel to ACT since ACT has recently started rolling out in my area. Airtel is not bad, their support is pretty good, but their data caps are atrocious. I am grandfathered to a 150 GB plan which they have stopped, and the speed is not too high either (4 mbps).
The connection will be primarily be used for online gaming and heavy downloading from Steam. Anyone has any feedback pings to EU and Singapore servers in games like Dota 2 and CS GO? How about HD streams in Twitch and Yotutube? I will also probably cross the FUP every month, so I also need to know if their data tracking is accurate. Thanks!
Hi,
Thanks for showing interest in ACT Broadband. Kindly share your complete postal address and contact number with us so that our team can get in touch with you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

There is a 100 mbps 175 GB plan for Rs 5849 + taxes, which is frankly utter BS. Besides that the max is 80 GB. Airtel has actually managed to go backwards in the last two years regarding the data caps, they used to have decent 150/175 gigs plans.

it actually depends on you, what do you want peace of mind, constant connectivity + slow to avg. speed - stay with Airtel, Average to good speed go to ACT broadband, but
1. If the connection goes down for any reason (frequent power cuts) they will take atleast 2 days to get back to you
2. If there is a Fiber cut (which occurs frequently) they will take about a week to fix it - you would not have internet for a week
3. Pathetic Customer care - they dont care, even if customer goes to other service provider
4. Wrong billing issues - they charged me twice in one month and you will feel like you have taken connection from some Government Service provider.

Thanks for the insight. Yes, I have had three ISPs in Bangalore and Airtel turnaround time for issues was easily better than the other two. I need my connection for my work also, so minimal downtime is a big requirement. I will think it over.

Srivathsa Bhat said:
it actually depends on you, what do you want peace of mind, constant connectivity + slow to avg. speed - stay with Airtel, Average to good speed go to ACT broadband, but
1. If the connection goes down for any reason (frequent power cuts) they will take atleast 2 days to get back to you
2. If there is a Fiber cut (which occurs frequently) they will take about a week to fix it - you would not have internet for a week
3. Pathetic Customer care - they dont care, even if customer goes to other service provider
4. Wrong billing issues - they charged me twice in one month and you will feel like you have taken connection from some Government Service provider.
I wish I visited this forum before opting for awesome Optical fibre network of ACT. feel like being cheated in very first week.

Srivathsa Bhat said:
Hi Srivathsa,
We have already forwarded the issue to the concerned team and they will shortly get in touch with you. We assure you that the issue will get resolved ASAP.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Shashank Kumar said:
I wish I visited this forum before opting for awesome Optical fibre network of ACT. feel like being cheated in very first week.
Hi Shashank,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly share your customer ID or registered contact number with us so that our team can help you in resolving the issue. We assure you that the issue will get resolved at the earliest.

Regards,
ACT Broadband

@broadband.act, each of the above users have their own complaint thread. Please respond to them in their respective threads. I want user feedback about ACT broadband, not how you have "looked into" other issues.