Thinking of getting Railwire. Please share your experience.

• Thread starter Thread starter pothi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 20,583
Thanks everyone who shared their feedback.

Another question: how did Railwire perform during the increased traffic during the current covid19 situation?
Not bad..
I'm constantly checking the connection remotely, its running much better than other isps especially bsnl.
My Probe stats which connected to railwire.
Screenshot_20200403-204805_Chrome.webp

I'm currently subscribed to Kerala Vision and there are a bunch of things that annoy me:
  • CG NAT
  • Consistent packet loss during day time. Pretty much only usable at night for gaming when network isn't congested
  • Terrible ping at most times
  • Consistent dropouts throughout the day where network just DC's for a minute or 2 every 30-90 mins

Jio started offering their services in my town recently but I've just been seeing terrible things about their services so I'm staying away from that, although my neighbors who were on the welcome plan have been saying its alright. Been considering switching to RailWire's 200mbps plan for 1949 with 2TB FUP since I watch a lot of 4k content and have a big family. Been reading bout it on reddit and this forum, seems like if I request a gaming IP from their CS most problems will be alleviated. Just wanted to know about the ping to international servers since I like to play on other servers for some games, routing for international services like twitch and their dropout rates/outages if any.

@vignesh_venkatesan

Playing the Valorant CB connecting to Amsterdam (~155-170ms with KV)
Playing on FiveM on servers based on US East so probably New York/Florida (~260-280ms with KV)
COD Warzone and some private servers for CS based in the UAE (~200ms+ with KV 🤣)

Also if possible let me know if twitch streams alright since I've heard about it not doing well on some ISP's and if you ever face much downtime with RailWire.

I don't have access to railwire connection at the moment due to the lockdown I can't visit my native village which I do regularly.
But in my experience of dealing with multiple vps and stuff from that railwire connection here in Chennai I'll list latencies,
Amsterdam - 140 - 145 ms
US east - I've seen latency to new york as low as 210-215 and Miami FL is like 230-240ms.
UAE is mostly like 90-100ms but depends on route configuration for the particular destination.
If destination has high latency you can complain to the NOC with hostname or ip address to optimise the latency.

I went to the village today morning and I just checked the numbers again.
Everything above is mostly accurate except UAE, routing to UAE is horrible.
UAE had Latency upwards of 220ms

I don't have access to railwire connection at the moment due to the lockdown I can't visit my native village which I do regularly.
But in my experience of dealing with multiple vps and stuff from that railwire connection here in Chennai I'll list latencies,
Amsterdam - 140 - 145 ms
US east - I've seen latency to new york as low as 210-215 and Miami FL is like 230-240ms.
UAE is mostly like 90-100ms but depends on route configuration for the particular destination.
If destination has high latency you can complain to the NOC with hostname or ip address to optimise the latency.
BSNL is facing congestion to these international servers. Getting only 1/5 of the download speeds to many international destinations although latency seems fine.

I've been using Railwire for a month. I paid 6500 advance for 100mbps unlimited connection. Monthly rental is 1180/- including GST. We've 3 FTTH providers, Bharat Fibre / Airtel and Railwire. One LCO handles both Bharat Fibre and Airtel.
I've had few downtimes due to cable cut and they don't repair after dark. So, I've had 2-3 nights without broadband. Other than that it has been good. No issues with up/down speeds and ping. I do get packet loss in COD Warzone. but the ping doesn't fluctuate at all. Although, this issue affcets only this game, maybe due to stict NAT. Apex and Siege runs smooth.

9166188608.png
What ping do you get in warzone, pubg?