Thinking of getting MTNL,pls HELP!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter brickhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,771
B

brickhouse

I use Tata Indicom 256kbps plan now,excellent service but I want higher speed.I saw the new MTNL 1mbps plan for 1600,so I was thinking of getting it.Please anybody using MTNL answer my following questions:1)First of all do you need an MTNL phone line connection to get a broadband connection cause I don't have one,I use tata Indicom as my phone line?2)Does MTNL give a constant speed?3)What is upload speed in the 1mbps plan?4)Does MTNL ban anything on there broadband service like torrents,some of the adult-only youtube videos and any other site?5)How is there Customer service,when the connection is down in how much time is it restored?

1yup you need telephone line which they will provide free of cost2 yup constant and stable speed34 nop all torrent and other sites work fine,no site ban from mtnl delhi5 never used any customer service as never face any problem

1)First of all do you need an MTNL phone line connection to get a broadband connection cause I don't have one,I use tata Indicom as my phone line?

Yup you would need a MTNL phone line for that.
If you getting it , i suggest do it b4 20th Oct.. chck this offer..
http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/helpdesk/gifs/ads/festival2009.jpg

FREE MODEM + FREE ACTIVATION .. n stuff.

2)Does MTNL give a constant speed?
Yup talking about download speed, definitely you would get constant download speed.. there are no download speed issues on MTNL

3)What is upload speed in the 1mbps plan?
Though MTNL specifies all their plans have max 256kbps upload speed. .your upload depends on ur connection area actually. and your phone link... Like for me i used to get 30-40kbps upload speed.. and it would fluctuate badly.. but now a days i get very low upload speeds.. 20-25kbps 🙁..

4)Does MTNL ban anything on there broadband service like torrents,some of the adult-only youtube videos and any other site?
Nope MTNL doesn't ban any torrent nor does it block any website. The only issue is MTNL's own DNS servers suck.. u wud see very bad load time for almost all the websites. But don't worry, OpenDNS? works fine 🙂

5)How is there Customer service,when the connection is down in how much time is it restored?
Well it hardly happens that your connection would be down or something.. Lol even if your phone is dead your internet would be wrkin all fine 😛
Talking abt Calling 1504.. omg.. that would be like asking a chai wala .. "Dude.. whats can you tell me any wifi hotspots nearby?" heh. the point is they are clueless abt technical stuff as all other ISP's CC are.. but if you face any problem they would take your complaint register it.. give u a complaint ID and within the next 24hrs you would get a call back asking if its resolved.... thts pretty decent. But dude.. trust me u dnt want to ask any technical stuff to 1504/1500/198 any time..

Overall if your area is good with MTNL connections you can pretty good triband service..