Thinking of deploying FTTH network in a village.

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 33,935
ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I’m thinking of deploying GPON FTTH in a village (5-10 connections) — I’ll be taking TSP partnership with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited.

I like networking so I’m doing it just as a hobby.

Is there anyone who has experience in the same? I’m not sure if I’ll face any hurdles.

Thats a great idea. Which village are you going for?

It’s my own village in Madhya Pradesh.

I’m thinking of giving Triple Play to users. Not sure how to do give TV. (Just an Idea)

wont 5-10 connections be too low number to sustain any decent revenue to avoid losses, when you compare the investment needed to set up the infrastructure there?

I’m not doing this for profit, I have a connection from BSNL (with BBNL — Gram Panchayat) and I’m not happy with the service because BBNL is taking a lot of time to repair fiber faults.

What I’m trying to do is; getting an OLT; license and bandwidth from BSNL (all should be done under 50K)

And then I’ll get a separate fiber line from BSNL to my home (where I’ll keep the OLT) and I’ll give connection to my neighbours so I can move them out from ADSL.

The investment is only 50K AFAIK, and BSNL will give me a fiber line and maintain it, so I think it’s a good deal.

All the best for your venture.
I'm particularly excited about this because it's about pulling people up from the hell called ADSL.
Please do keep us posted about the things moving forward.

I’ll get an LCO license (a postal license).

Yes, it may not be financially viable but I’m still curious how thy works.

Reactions: Smh