Thinking of deploying FTTH network in a village.

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 33,953
BSNL started allowing LCOs to collect money. Basically, LCOs collect the money, pay only BSNL's share to BSNL. My LCO collect the money every day and pay the dues at the end of the day using an app dedicated to LCOs. We get notified officially from BSNL too upon the payment received by BSNL (on the same day). More info is available at -CUSTOMER VALUE- .

Yeah, that's a good way to increase the cash-flow for the LCO. No need to wait for BSNL to collect the payment and then give them their share.

Also, in some areas, people still prefer to pay the bill in cash over the counter, it would be good for them too when the payment is collected from home.

Although I'd prefer to make the payment online. 😅

I had an idea similar to that of the OP and thought of doing it on myself but I helped an LCO to get the connection from Railwire and he has deployed a GEPON network in my native village.
He has given 100 Mbps unlimited at 999+GST.
Hongkong

Chennai

Singapore

Newyork

Coimbatore

(94 Mbps limit is due to bottleneck in the WAN port of the router)

The Setup

o0x7wRD.jpg

Its been 3 days since the connection was activated and so far its been great. Though I visit the place only once every ten days it will be useful for my cousins who are living there.

Last edited:
Now I'm regretting why I didn't do it myself.
Two rural colleges are asking LL from this lco.
If I had done it myself, would have earned good chunk of money.
Currently LCO has got a 1 Gigabit link from nearby Railway station and Railwire is ready to provision a 10Gig port if wants to deliver the LL.

I'll list the pros and cons
Cons
  • Upfront cost involved with Railwire is quite high because Railwire doesn't install fiber from their pop to LCO's place unlike BSNL and other players (In BSNL's case, they will install and maintain fiber from thier exchange to LCO's place)
  • They offer 30% of the plan cost to LCO incase of resedential connections and 50% in LL.
  • 30% share is quite low compared to the competition.
Pros
  • They have a solid core infrastructure and decent routing.
  • You can get static ip on demand.
  • They have a good NOC Support, they'll understand the problem most of the time and are responsive.

1) Really? They do give and maintain the fibre? If so then I can save some money. I was thinking of deploying my own fibre from their FTTx endpoint to my home. But if they can do it then it’s good

How much bribe do you have to pay to the officials for BSNL/RailWire?

Invite that guy here, btw 😛