Thinking of deploying FTTH network in a village.

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 33,950
I ran a survey. Someone has the franchise of the ISP. The customers are pretty okayish happy. Someone chose a plan of 25mbps he is getting 18mbps. He is pretty happy with the uptime though.

But I’m not sure why is he getting 18mbps (I know it’s okay to have 5/10mbps up down) also, he is testing on Speedtest.

I’ll ask the ISP about what bandwidth does he gave to the LCO.

If you have the equipment and manpower then fine.

For us living in the Western Ghats region, overhead OFC is not an option due to trees/branches which fall down during wind and rain, fast-growing vegetation and distance between houses.

The roadblock is the splicing machine, I don’t think I can invest 1lk+ in the machine right now. Renting is not an option.
Did you get any solution for splicing machine.
One company is providing machine at 80k star fiber technologies.
Model FFS-8000

Wow great thread.
I was actually planning to start a Restaurant franchise but backed off due to Covid.
I live in a big city about 6-7 lakh population. We have only 1 private ISP(DVR) it has monopoly over BSNL. Airtel now started it's services. DVR is partnership with Pioneer E-labs.

But I want to become ISP in my HomeTown with population of 10000. Except BSNL there's no ISP. I have about 20 lakhs to start anything. Seems it's much hassle to become ISP.
I want to take bandwidth from BBNL or Pioneer or even Airtel and want serve wireless with Ubiquiti equipment. I don't know much about networking nor have degree in CSE. but most of the LCO's are uneducated and they learn quickly right. If they can why can't I? and Mostly I want to serve min 20 Mbps speeds upto 100Mbps.

I am really considering this as my future. What are my options?