Thinking about buying MTNL Broadband need help and suggestions

TheIndianDragon

Undergroud
Regulars
I live in delhi and probably going to get the connection in a day or two, i have a few questions. .1. Should i get a wifi or wired connection? what's better for high speeds and torrents?2. How's the mtnl service and maintenance?3. how much monthly charge i have to pay except for the plan charge?Thanks :smile: any other suggestions are welcome

akshay

mtln is sad.....everything abt it is horrible..some cheap plans though...but i suggest don't take it...MTNL is ****ed up everywhere!....good luck :)

babz2801

i stay in chembur wudnt say tat abt mtnl,may b u had bad expbt i get abt 200KBps,ie dwndng sped, n im hapy wid it since 1.5 yrs

TheIndianDragon

Undergroud
Regulars
dude wats ur plan?.....please tell me with precision :)...hope u dont mind

the 999 1mbps one.
should I get the wired or WIFI?

babz2801

i hav tat night unlimited plan i think its du849i dwnld directly from net ie file hosting websites like megashares with jdownloader

Daddycool

Regular
Regulars
Let us focus on answering OP's question rather than passing unrelated comments.I don't believe it would matter much which one you choose. Your plan speed will be the limitation rather than the medium inside your house.I already have the wired connection but if I were to get a new connection today, I would go for the wireless. Connect my main desktop on a wired LAN and have the Wifi available for connection when needed to a laptop or even a Wifi enabled mobile. It only jacks up the entry cost by about 300 bucks and doesn't affect recurring cost so it is worth it.

akshay

i agree with Daddycool...lol....funny name...but yeah wireless is an additional feature....good if u r using laptop and wi-fi enabled phone.....or else wired connection is just perfect...wish even i had 1mbps speed :(....its over my budget...sad..lucky u'll.

TheIndianDragon

Undergroud
Regulars
oh and last question guys, does the connection gets disconnected after every 6 hours? if so, will it break my downloads from -- link removed -- and -- link removed --?

akshay

i suggest u shud use torrents.....coz their download can't be matched and broken....and yes MTNL has some server goin offline issues (atleast here)...but i hope it'll be fine..good luck!