Thermal paste in lockdown for pc

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 4,913
If you still need it order before they are forced to disable these listings.

Yeah, so order whatever you want ASAP.

My friend just ordered a hit racket, lol. And malaria cases are on a rise, so a wise thing to order actually.

I ordered the spin mop and it was delivered next day by Amazon. Apparently apart from groceries and medicines, nothing is allowed.

Yup bunch of things are being allowed spin mop replacement heads are not there though..

i finally mange to get thermal paste, last week after lowdown , took over a week to deliver. PC works as good as if just got new, but its old now 😛
i got the mx4, the packing for the item costing rs 800 looked like sh!t including the injection, i honestly expected better packing and injection material but i think its price increased by retailers on Amazon after lock-down. however no issue on application, a tiny spreading plastic piece would have been helpful though..

Why not just leave the machine off? I really wouldn't advise anybody to risk the CPU unless of course it is considered dispensable. Heck, use a laptop, tablet or even your mobile phone till you get some thermal grease.

@abhinavmail1 once you take off a heatsink you automatically introduce an air bubble between the heat spreader and heat sink. Not ideal for heat transfer. Never take off the plain heat sink or a liquid cooler unless you have:

a) Isopropyl alcohol (or thermal paste cleaner) to clean the CPU and heat sink & remove ALL the old thermal paste and leave both surfaces spanking clean without even a dust spec on them.
b) Your choice of decent to good quality thermal paste.

I have been water/liquid cooling my home PCs since the early 2Ks and would not advise monkeying around with one of the most expensive parts of your PC build. Right now, both my home PCs run 240 mm Corsair AIO coolers because I can't be bothered with DIY kits as in the past there are too many overheads 🙂
ya i left it off and used Isopropyl alcohol to clean old one 😀.. it had totally become dry ..