The Wine Project

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 28,535
you would have to check out the wine's official website. they were working on that. google was also providing resources.

Before posting that I already googled and read WINE wiki...no info so far. WINE wiki says CS3 works with 1.1.7 (I have upgraded my WINE to 1.1.7 after reading this despite it's not stable.Latest stable version is 1.0.1) No info about CS4 yet. I guess I'm gonna edit WINE wiki after 1 hour 🙂

GIMP 2.6 is cool but still somehow I really find something is lacking in GIMP...Even simple things like airbrushing is superior in CS3. Fuzzy select tool of 2.6 is equivalent to CS2's Magic selection tool but in CS3 Magic selection tool has undergone major upgrade and I simply love CS3 for that. Doing things become a lot easier in CS3 when compared to CS2. GIMP 2.6 feels like CS2 not CS3 🙁 🙁

For Intrepid Ibex WINE 1.1.7 Photoshop CS4 is "GARBAGE"...Installer doesn't run 😕

CS2 works easily with wine. very difficult to run CS3 on wine. youll have to wait a while for CS4 getting to work on wine.CS4 has some cool improvements over CS3. 😀

if u mean adobe acrobat reader or adobe flash, then both are now available for linux too.

i meant dreamweaver and photoshop. these are the applications which have few comparable options on the linux platform.no gimp is not photoshop 😛 the argument can go on for hours. people who are stuck with photoshop have no option but to stay on windows/mac. 😛of course adobe is now making available flash and air editions on linux as they make them available on windows and mac. that is a great start for the company.

the last time i tried getting gimpshop on my ubuntu installation, i failed. big time.

According to me going for a virtual machine is a better option than opting for wine. You can run all the software available only on windows.

i agree virtual machine is a better option. but then that that involves 'installing' windows. defeats the purpose if you want a free OS and/or want to use linux only.there are already good alternatives for acrobat reader and flash player (though they are now available in linux). main problem comes with photoshop and dreamweaver like softwares.gimp is a very good software and a nice alternative to PS. but the user already familiar with PS would have to learn the features and how to use them all over again in gimp. since PS is much more popular and preferred, they tend to stick to it.