What Air Purifier to buy?

LordSpymaster

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ISP
Jiofiber 150 Mbps
Ex: Airtel vFiber 24 Mbps
So my parents need an Air Purifier for home use. Which ones can I go for?

What I'm looking for:
  1. Average or lower filter replacement cost.
  2. Ability to work long hours.
  3. Good after sales (I've heard bad things about Mi)
  4. 'Smart' features not necessary.
  5. Should filter all bad stuff like PM 2.5 etc.

Budget is around 10K max. Suggestions.?

Also you can post your reviews of your air purifier here, we all like to read them.

Thanks!

I have a Mi unit and it is struggling these days. Has been running 24x7 and the 2.5 value is still 600. Just replaced the filter. Now waiting to see if that helps.

For around Rs. 10,000, I would recommend Mi. Better products cost much higher. Sharp, Blue Star are the brands that are supposed to be the best in the market.

The doc file list models that have washable filters. But they cost more than 20K. If I knew things would go this bad in NCR... I would have gotten one of those models.

Check out the myhealthbeijing site. Get the Mi air 2, it has a sensor. Don't think it's really accurate, But you can check. Another cheaper option is Smart Air Original or Smart Air Cannon, which you can also buy from their office.

Air purifier should get the levels to near zero. I think for it to work, you have to have air coming in less than what purifier can filter per hour, as purifier can filter 99%. Otherwise pollution inside will be to some extent. My MI air 2 is getting it to 60 - 150, but I have a little opening in the window. I will get it fixed and seal some gaps in doors and windows (leaving enough for oxygen) and see what happens.

The doc file list models that have washable filters. But they cost more than 20K. If I knew things would go this bad in NCR... I would have gotten one of those models.
so purifier with washable filters is one time investment? buy it once and when filter is dirty, just wash them?

and there are cheaper variants available for smaller rooms. medianama guy seems to live in a huge house based on the devices he is using at his place 😀

i am now tempted to get one of these and put it in parent's room and use the mi in my room.

Last edited:
The only Air Purifier in India which has NO RECURRING COST OF BUYING FILTERS every 4-6 months like HEPA FILTERS which all the others brands are selling. LASKO Air Purifiers have most advanced filtration systems which effectively captures air borne particle, even the more harmful atomic size particles that HEPA filters can leave behind, even if you switch off the machine the dead PARTICLES ARE NOT REGENERATED which is not the case with HEPA filters. Have permanent stainless steels washables filters with a life span for more than 15 years, patented Zero3 technology, energy efficient.

How much of it is true though?

What if after a few years that stainless steel thing goes to sh*t?

What if after a few years that stainless steel thing goes to sh*t?
tbh. no one can predict how a product would behave over a long period of time.
filters in regular purifiers would need multiple replacements through the year (if used every day).
you are paying the cost of the entire product every year as a result.