The Truth finally out

• Thread starter Thread starter ultra vires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,892
ISP
MTNL 749NU
well since i had this convo with my cto he told me that my 32kbps+ 6 mnths pack was to be shifted 64kbps , and also this fukin computer on lan was sendin repeated request to shutdown my comp(hehe traced him down,lol) , so i complained and finally i got a call frm ther technical boys, and just read what i got to know, 1st he said that he wuld solve the virus problem then i asked him about my stupid fukin speeds and limit, well he tells me that u get 100mb up and down(combine inclusive of both up and down) per day if ya exceed that then ur speed gets capped and what more, if ya continue for 2 more days then ur speed will be permanently capped,and even he culdnt do if the speed gets permannetly capped, :angry: well the guy ther culdnt do nething as that was his companys policy so it wasnt of anyuse to curse him.And finally i add a piece of advise frm that guy , well that was to stop my fukin downloads coz i transfered 400mb in one nite , lol, well kudos to him as he was frndly and when i asked him wether he got a sify conn. then he started laughin.well jokes apart tell the sify people to stop capping.

waise btw u wuld be seein less of me here , coz i dont know if i wuld be able to keep my downloads so thinkin of cuttin off some KB's frm here ,lol , save evry byte that u can as bytes saved is bytes earned(SickFy Way) 🙂

Oh great :angry:! Just when I had started downloading on Sify without care, they become even more dictatorial and brutal.And I'd like to know what on this sweet earth keeps them away from posting all their orwellian conditions on the Sify website. Darn, they didn't even get around to posting the 75 MB one, and before you could blink, POOF another condition straight from hell.

man even im scared to hell as i think i mite hav exceded the permanent capped limit 😱 dont know what they wuld do to me 🤔 anyways best of luk to all of ya and i dont think these limits apply to nite pack as they download 700 mb per day, but to make sure i hav asked my sify BA to give me a clearer picture on this.Maybe surjeet can help us out here or atleast clear things up a little bit.Cya guys

I just got the new upto 48kbps scheme and its capped at the usual 75MB ... ok ... i'll download a lot for a couple of days and see ...

Better call Customer Care first and clarify about the limits. And then try out things otherwise who knows, if they crack down on your connection permanently then you'd have needless tensions 😛.But it looks strange that Sify would change its limits so drastically without informing its customers in any way. If a customer gets his speed permanently capped by dowloading too much as ultra vires says he'd call Cust Care, and then he'd be told of the new limits. Since it would be the first time that the customer would be hearing such a thing officially, his speeds would probably be corrected and he'd be warned about crossing them in the future.This company never fails to amaze me with the levels of confusion, panic and frustration it distributes among its customers :-|

wow, they gave us the users 25 megs more per day for 2 days? that is cool.

Nopes they didn't ... my speed came down to 2.85 kBps after downloading ~70MB. So no improvement, just got worse.

...as for me.. no matter hwat happens , i always get during daytime 2.8 .. nothin more... not even 2.9kB/sat night it goes to 6.5 to 8 ..nothin more.I think we should kick the living hell out of some high Sify guy and leave him a note'u capped me..i capped your head! have a nice day'dumb company!

6-8 kBps ... its a good value... however I am surprised I am getting that as the connection is upto 48 ... maybe the SAM server made a blooper 😛

No, the average speed is 7.5kBps, while the package is 48-What kinds of speeds do 64- & 96- get (Before & After the limit) ?

i get 18-20 KBps on torrents. 15KBps on normal most of the time on the nigth only package.my problem is that the b*st*rds have nothing on offer for me for the day time.