The Trai Definition of Broadband.

i doubt even TRAI has got that figured out. but i had expect it to be 256/256...

It just states that the downlaod speeds must be 256kbps .Nothing about upload speeds.

well trai defines broadband as “An ‘always-on’ data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point Of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP. The interactive services will exclude any services for which a separate licence is specifically required, for example, real-time voice transmission, except to the extent that it is presently permitted under ISP licence with Internet Telephony.”

GAURAV7777, please give your source... the definition that I have seen (and I went looking into the documents that they have on their site) have a substantially less specific and open-ended definition of what a broadband connection constitutes.

man i took that out of the broadband policy 2004 document