The Sky+ Stb - Can't Wait For Its Launch!

nosh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 14, 2007
Guys check out the Sky+ box (

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
Regulars
Oct 12, 2006
Dishnet is advertising recorder based boxes for India?Can't wait for the sky STB's to come to India!

WiZaRd

l33T
Regulars
Oct 25, 2005
I hope they give a discount of 3000 in liue of exchange of the current stb's.Would love to have pip and recording, coz the pip feature in my samsung tv has been rendered useless since i started using DTH

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
The problem is that companies here seem to think that Indians don't want / don't know of DVRs etc (and to an extent they are right). Otherwise when this whole CAS / DTH thing hit, would it not make complete sense to offer DVRs instead of regular plain jane 10 year old technology STBs?? IMO DVRs would be huuuuuuugeee here, especially since so many people are addicted to saas-bahu serials (albeit tragic). That and cricket alone will ensure excellent sales of DVRs.

kkaarthik

Jul 29, 2006
hii know ur anxiety for the DVR set top box frm tatasky. TATA SKY is in the process for those & by mid 2007 they will be out at a cheaper price. as far as Dish tv is concerned they always try to make money. the DVR BOXES frm dish tv are priced btw 15000-25000 INR. The boxes are not manufactured by an infamous company. Humax has launched its DVR Boxes for SKY Which are being tested for Indian Standards. Once they confirm it they will release it to the market

WiZaRd

l33T
Regulars
Oct 25, 2005
It all sounds nice, wat is your source for that bit of info. ?any idea on the expected price for the stbs ?

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
Regulars
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah but I wouldn't mind getting DVR's before new channels. Anywys Klaarthik... who is your sourcE?

nighthawk

Jan 29, 2007
Any update on this ? Sky+ is one cool piece of kit. Last I heard before leaving UK was that you could 'call' the Sky+ digibox from your Nokia mobile and set it to record programs.

WiZaRd

l33T
Regulars
Oct 25, 2005
Yeah u can sms wat you want it to record. And plus you can watch mutiple channels simultaneously :DRecord mutiple shows.