The Rise of Arjun Tendulkar

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 23,948
Yeah..Siddharth Mallaya padding up to open with Chris Gayle for RCB :sinister: :rofl:

well sponsored seating is already quite popular in formula-1. and i do not see why it would not become one in ipl in the coming years. i wonder if you remember, one formula-1 driver even put himself on the stock market to generate funds to get inside a formula-1 car!

Not much into F1. But the sponsored seating allows the person to drive in the race? Anyway, that aside, if whatever you say happens, hoping that we will get to see Ambani's son in action.

wow. :\ i thought at least the current generation would be fit and fine. but then they can get into shape within a few months with a personal health trainer. anyways, about sponsored seating. there are a couple of teams on the f1 grid that take in a driver who brings in a specific amount of sponsorship. that's what paid seating is. narain karthikeyan is/was on such a seat for example.

Parents are also surprised at the presence of Arjun Tendulkar, son of batting legend Sachin. His best score, 124, had come last May in the Mumbai Under-14 trials for Khar Gymkhana against Goregaon Centre; his next best is a 70, scored last week for Shastri XI in the Vengsarkar Foundation Cup at Mahul.

Considering that a triple centurion, four double centurions and nine hundred-makers in the Elite group have not made the mark, their parents have reason to feel short-changed.

Attempts to garner a response from the MCA went in vain as joint secretary PV Shetty didn't respond to the calls and messages sent by this paper.

Giving credence to the parents ' woes, former Mumbai coach Pravin Amre said that the selectors need to closely observe all age-group matches in order to avoid missing good talent. "In my time, proper data was maintained in junior cricket and I was lucky to have a couple of former India players as selectors. Today, they are paid for doing the job too and are not just honorary officials. So they need to go to the maidan and watch matches," Amre said.

beh

But again, he alone doesnt seem to be a questionable selection. It is being made out as if almost the entire squad is questionable.

N A NUTSHELL...

Questionable selections

Akash Savla (VN Sule Guruji School) - played one match scoring 48 runs against IES Modern English
Darshan Padawe (VN Sule) - played three matches scoring 33, 0, 26
Tanush Kotian (VN Sule) - played one match scoring 8 runs against Shardashram
Azim Shaikh (Anjuman-i-Islam ) - Scored 28, 21, 37, 18 in four matches and picked just one wicket as an off-spinner
Abhishek Shetty (Anjuman-i-Islam ) - played one match scoring 4 & 18 in two innings against VN Sule

RECORDS MISSING

Hashir Dafedar, Manas Raikar, Jay Dave, Jahangir Ansari, Yash Joshi

Who deserved a chance

BATSMEN

Bhupen Lalwani (Don Bosco School, Matunga) - his unbeaten 398 (277b, 47x4s) against IES Modern English was the highlight of the Giles Shield season Pushkar Vashist (Al Barakat) - slammed 261 (274b, 36x4s) against BAK Swadhyay Satyalaksha Jain (Rizvi Springfield) - hit 239 (200b, 40x4s) against MD Bhatia Yasasvi Jayaswal (Anjuman Urdu) - hit 210 (210b, 28x4s, 4x6s) against Hansraj Morarji Shoaib Khan (Al Barakat) - scored 212 (183b, 31x4s) and 140 against Don Bosco and BAK Swadhyay respectively

BOWLERS

Rohit Desai (Don Bosco School, Matunga) - the off-spinner picked 6-22 and 5-11 against IES Modern English and scalped 5-137 against Al Barakat Satyak Patel (Hansraj Morarji) - the spinner took 6-100 against Anjuman Urdu and picked three fivewicket hauls in Harris Shield plate division with his 5-12 against Dhirubhai Ambani International School helping his side earn promotion Rajesh Sardar (Al Barakat, leftarm spinner) - picked 6-22 against BAK Swadhyay and 5-18 against Don Bosco

maybe they did a bunch of questionable selections so that people cannot target them specifically for arjun tendulkar? 😀

i mean we would need a proper investigation to see what might have happened during the selection process. maybe all the selected kids were from influential families?

But its interesting that this article talks about guys missing out. But even they have just one inning worth talking about? Also the knock could have come against weaker sides. If that was the yardstick, Jadeja is the best batsman & he should be selected. But, wait a minute, he did get selected 😕

i mean we would need a proper investigation to see what might have happened during the selection process. maybe all the selected kids were from influential families?

True. No doubt that influence from Guruji (Iqbal fame) also might be making a difference 🙂

In general, the selections in the age group tournaments has never been fair in India. It's not "What you know" that is important, it's "Who you know."Any way, things will be difficult for Arjun because of his illusrious father. I can't recall any sons of former Indian cricketers doing well. To name a few:Rohan GavaskarRajdeep SardesaiStuart BinnyArjun YadavAshok Mankad (son of Vinoo Mankad) can be said as a relative success.Lala Amarnath's son Mohinder did well but his brother Surinder didn't do well.

When did rajdeep played for india???

He didn't. Neither did Binny's son nor Shivlal Tadav's son. But, Rajdeep aspired to be a cricketer early on but could not emulate his father.

I forgot Nayan Doshi and Anirudh. I think Anirudh has a brother too.