Electric 175 GB: 175GB at 16mbps. 512kbps FUP speed Rs. 3299 plus taxes

Rapid 15 GB: 15GB at 8mbps. 256kbps FUP speed Rs. 1299 plus taxes
Rapid 30 GB: 30GB at 8mbps. 256kbps FUP speed Rs. 1599 plus taxes
Rapid 80 GB: 80GB at 8mbps. 256kbps FUP Speed Rs. 2099 plus taxes
Rapid 175 GB: 175GB at 8mbps. 256kbps FUP speed Rs. 2599 plus taxes

Turbo 15 GB: 15GB at 4mbps. 256kbps FUP speed Rs. 1199 plus taxes
Turbo 30 GB: 30GB at 4mbps. 256kbps FUP speed Rs. 1499 plus taxes
Turbo 80 GB: 80GB at 4mbps. 256kbps FUP speed Rs. 1899 plus taxes

Airtel Broadband has some new absurdly priced broadband plans (if possible give this post or the thread a +1!)

I had hoped that broadband scenario would get better as the time passes, but they are getting worse.only hope now is infotel but not sure when they are going to launch.

Turbo 30GB looks good for most people but now they should start providing 2Mbps unlimited without any FUP soon, why they have discontinued 1 and 2Mbps plans? as most people in India don't download that much, 90% most of them just use internet for social networking and browsing as the times of india survey says, they should launch these plans in Mumbai also, but nyc plans by them, little overpriced but it's ok as most average middle class metro cities indians have started earning really good salary as they were few years ago, internet has become a necessity nowadays and not a luxury anymore.

30GB for 1700 (plus taxes) comes to around Rs. 57 (plus taxes) per GB of data transfer. these prices look like they are for 3G/LTE and not wired broadband connections. there are very few services on the web that would need a 8/16mbps connection. so most of the time, you are basically paying more per MB of data compared to what they had earlier. as someone commented on my g+ profile. it is cheaper to go for a lower capacity low speed plan and use speed on demand instead of smartbytes.also as i noted in the blog post linked above. all of these plans would still have a shitty 800kbps upload speeds. torrents would be still throttled. random domains would be still blocked. you are essentially hit the FUP limit faster. leading to my previous blog post... airtel has made smartbytes into a business strategy... get more people to pay for additional bandwidth through smartbytes instead of offering plans with larger bandwidth capacity.

but your still getting unlimited 256Kbps after the FUP and the net is not completely disconnected, look at the plus and positive points here also from gr8 airtel babus, jo tera hai wo mera hai.😛

but your still getting unlimited 256Kbps after the FUP and the net is not completely disconnected, look at the plus and positive points here also from gr8 airtel babus, jo tera hai wo mera hai.😛

256 Kbps is not broadband. airtel should be ashamed of listing this speed.

Not the best plans for sure, but ill take the extra speed, specially the Rapid 175, unfortunately though there is no sign of these plans for Mumbai, mailed airtel as well said max speed available in Mumbai is 4mbps

256kbps still remains official broadband speed till the government enforce the new regulations which are to be applicable from this year. TRAI is being a lazyass and the consumers are suffering as a result.if airtel discontinues my 4mbps 150GB plan, i would have to hop on to the Rapid 175 GB: 175GB at 8mbps. 256kbps FUP speed Rs. 2599 plus taxes plan. they would make more money from me though i would get 25GB extra per month. freakshow.

256kbps still remains official broadband speed till the government enforce the new regulations which are to be applicable from this year. TRAI is being a lazyass and the consumers are suffering as a result.

This is as absurd as the judicial system; innocent until proven guilty. The whole world saw Kasab's acts, but he was innocent till proven guilty. The whole world knows about corruption and black money hoarding by our politicians, but they are innocent, because they can not be proven to be guilty.

Similarly, 256 Kbps remains a broadband speed!

airtel was fast enough to raise the prices in the name of regulatory changes by the government seeking more taxes from them. but of course, they would need a spanking on the buttocks to implement the 'new improved' broadband definition on their network.

256Kbps is still defined as broadband in India according to the policy of TRAI, so the ISPs have to provide minimum 256Kbps to be called as broadband, they can't break the government rules and just call it as broadband otherwise below 256Kbps it should be called as dial up airtel, US has implemented 2Mbps as minimum broadband speed, whereas most european nations koreans and japanese nations have implemented 12Mbps minimum to be called as true broadband internet, they should atleast make 1Mbps minimum in India to be called as broadband, lower than that narrowband or whatever, but when will airtel and other ISPs really learn and wake up, only God knows that, only if airtel remove their FUP then we can say that airtel is a true broadband provider.

It is supposed to be 512kbps now. It's not enforced but the definition has been updated on paper.

Last edited:
Yes, 256 Kbps is a broadband speed because of absurd policies of TRAI/govt. Who influences/lobbies for such policies? The likes of airtel.

Other options like? only beam provides some good plans in India but it's only in hyderabad, others ISPs all implement FUP in their plans, no truly unlimited high speed plans as of now in India, maybe in 2020 we can see some better plans or maybe even 2050 when we are like 60years old grandpa hehe.😛