The Perfect Desktop

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,986

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Tata Play 1 gbps, Microscan 500 mbps and PDPL 300 mbps.
Came across this article which is really a guide/walkthough with screenshots on setting up your Linux desktop: The Perfect Desktop - Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

Version 1.0
Author: Falko Timme
Last edited 04/24/2009

This tutorial shows how you can set up an Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure system without DRM restrictions that works even on old hardware, and the best thing is: all software comes free of charge.

I want to say first that this is not the only way of setting up such a system. There are many ways of achieving this goal but this is the way I take. I do not issue any guarantee that this will work for you!

Not sure how close to a Windows replacement this gets, but its a nice useful article...

thanks for this buddy it will surely help many new linux adopters

HowToForge has the best syep-by-step guide on every distro and installing other advance softwares. Its in my Google Reader feeds along with Linux.com for corny articles 🙂