• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 188
  • Views Views 133,394

IBF

Shitposter

acv8yeT.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate japanes/korean cars.. give me a european/american car anytime over the former.. they are so boring and the designing of japanese/korean stuff, is just - well gay.. i wish i could afford the Skoda Octavia.. 🙁 that is a car to die forin the meantime i just have to make do with my enfield 😀

fabia would be something to look forward to. but skoda dont seem to be very eager to bring it on...

huh? Suzuki swift? Damn, the maruti esteem = suzuki swift in the US and hungary(and most of europe) when it was sold 5-6 years back. Suzuki does not sell the swift anymore(discontinued since 4 years) in the US and europe. One british auto magazine described the car "the suzuki swift, ironically is anything but swift these days" (this was in 99).

Take a look at the photos-
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/re...dex.cfm/id/2234

Ok, after a little search, it seems Suzuki canada is still selling the old swift.

http://www.suzuki.ca/en/auto/intro.cfm?mod...FTOKEN=77726462

Going back 14 years, the maruti 800 was known as the alto in Japan, Europe(the alto was not sold in the us).

In canada today, the alto sold is similar to the alto in India.

The maruti 800 was sold in europe and japan 15 years back. suzuki stopped selling the 800 and alto was then sold in its place in those markets.
In india, suzuki continues to sell both 800 and alto.

yeah... maruti is shoving old models up our *** since a long time. this swift however is a brand new model 😀

hey...there seems to be some confusion here....it is true that the indian zen was the alto abroad and the esteem was the swift in europe.
but the swift to be launched here is not the esteem, it is the suzuki swift which was launched in japan only four months ago and is being launched here and in europe simultaneously in may 2005.
i am no maruti spokesperson, but i just happened to see the swift pics on the suzuki site.the other reports (abt the launch date) were all from car mags.
the pics link:http://www.globalsuzuki.com/swift/index.html

This one's for all car enthusiasts…Maruti is coming out with a brand new vehicle this May. It's called the Swift, and is touted to be the next big thing on the Indian roads. It reportedly has had a very successful run in Japan where it was launched as the Suzuki Swift in November 04. Another very exciting point about this launch is that finally we have a car that has its India launch coinciding with the world launch. Yes--believe it or not, the Swift is being launched simultaneously in India, China and all over Europe! Now we don't have to wait for three-four years after hearing about a car before we actually get to see it.
The Swift is an A2 segment car, but is far more distinctive and stylish than Zen, Santro or Indica. It will probably compete with the Getz here, and should be in the same price range of 4 -5 lakhs. It is sporty and trendy, and equipped with all the latest technology. It is aimed at young and dynamic professionals who like life the fast way.
Pictures can be seen at http://www.globalsuzuki.com/swift/index.html
Hope it lives up to its expectations…. if the car is as good in performance as it is in the looks department, then we sure have a winner on our hands!

righto. this one is expected to be a gem of a car... if they can prize it right.. i will be an excellent replacement for ZEN.

yeah. zen in india was supposed to be replaced by the alto. but alto initially was quite a disappoinment so maruti kept boht of them. now alto is being touted as a replacement for 800... weird company maruti is.

Anyone know what is the Swift's mileage... or rather kilometreage (damn the americans and the briotish for not adopting the metric system till now!).For that matter, does anyone know of a good site where you can compare the kilometreage of cars available in India?

Originally posted by vebmetal@Apr 13 2005, 11:09 AM
Anyone know what is the Swift's mileage... or rather kilometreage (damn the americans and the briotish for not adopting the metric system till now!).

For that matter, does anyone know of a good site where you can compare the kilometreage of cars available in India?
[snapback]7962[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maruti officials claim it to be in the range of 13-15 kmpl.....one thing for sure...it will definitely be more than that of the fusion (going by what the ikon was giving...a meagre 8 kmpl)....dunno about the getz...any idea??

countryboy

check this pic out...looks like some kind of shoot going on...maybe a tvc for the swift...will there be a celebrity involved?i dont hink so because maruti has never gone in for celebrity endorsements in the past...what do you guys think?

oh yes sushubh...completely forgot that one...but after the dud that versa proved to be (heard its also doing well these days after a price slash) i don't think maruti will make the same mistake again....i still think the swift commercial will be a no celebrity one...maybe one with some humour or a catchy jingle or both....what do you say??

well they have to make it sound like a cool car and price it competitively... if i had 5 lakh rupees, this would be the car i would be buying 😉 if only maruti puts in a CRDi engine... 😀