The New DTH Regulations

• Thread starter Thread starter kickass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 220
  • Views Views 26,791
  • Tags Tags
    trai
can someone give me rough idea what this new regulation is.

I dont watch ANYTHING at all but I do like to watch tennis grandslams. (mostly Federer Nadal Djokovic matches only)

But since paying 3000Rs every year just for 10-20 matches in whole year was too costly. I STOPPED Airtel DTH altogether.

Now with this new regulation - can I do for just 1 channel (whichever is showing grandslam matches)

And pay just for that channel?

Has the pack migration worked for anyone? I mean I am still getting a total blackout on my TV, I did the pack selection again only to be greeted with "Your request could not be processed."

Ah so whats the difference in this new regulation? Effectively I would be paying more or less same

Ala carte gets a bit more push this time around. It has been available for a long time but was never prioritized?

Did Airtel migrate to new plans?

In the Airtel self-care portal its still showing the old plan. I have tweeted to Airtel but no response. I am being charged still as per my old plan. What kind of BS is this?
Are your channels working?
I had selected new plan, but in Airtel app no plans was listed, hence no channels are working whole day today. I again created new package which would be activated in 48 hours!
Today full day watching TV through Amazon Fire TV stick!

Are your channels working?
I had selected new plan, but in Airtel app no plans was listed, hence no channels are working whole day today. I again created new package which would be activated in 48 hours!
Today full day watching TV through Amazon Fire TV stick!

Yeah channels are working based on my old plan.

This is despite the fact my validity and balance on DTH account ran out yesterday 😂

MyTatasky portal is down. Their helplines are chocked up. They have disabled most of my paid channels. BTW I was on yearly pack with all channels and valid till May 2019.

My pack got migrated on 1st Feb itself. I got sms confirming the same too. They adjusted the long term pack and credited the remaining amount back to the account today.

Yeah channels are working based on my old plan.

This is despite the fact my validity and balance on DTH account ran out yesterday 😂
In my case I have balance of 220, but in MyAccount my pack is displayed as Null, and subscription cost is Rs 38/month, means no pack active right now! So far 3 times I have selected pack and confirmed. Only on screen it displays request received but no sms/email of confirmation. Worst part is to get in contact with Customer Support and make them understand my problem.

@SVK I am not recharging my DTH account, I will wait and see how long this whole charade goes on.

The rules which TRAI made can be considered good or bad depending on your opinion but I guess we can all agree the implementation has been shocking that too from Private companies. If it was government operators I would have expected it because everything they do is half-assed.

Maybe the companies should have spent their time & resources on plans for implementation rather than filing cases in courts.