The New DTH Regulations

• Thread starter Thread starter kickass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 220
  • Views Views 26,764
  • Tags Tags
    trai
I don't know if this is a good thing. Forcing low prices from operators might reduce number/quality of channel and content in the end.

^^^ and increase adverts on HD channels.
BTW only Tata Sky has HD access fee I guess. Other operators (DTH) provide HD channels in separate packs.

Yep, the adverts on many channels are already annoying/intrusive, I'm mean the ones which show the animations in the middle of scenes/dialogues in progress.

When is this HD Access Fee is going offline? (So that I could ask the Tata Sky to remove it?)

Also, Multi TV fee is also legit?

For subscribing to Free-to-air channels. Lol. Not for HD ones.

Now read the 5th and last point on Page 5. Lol.

Hey! I'm trying hard to understand all this but I'm really not much into TV/DTH thing and the max thing I've done with DTH is paying their bill. Rest, I don't even touch it.

So if anyone could explain me, what's this all about and what's the new changes coming to the plans?

P.S.: Airtel has already introduced something based upon the TRAI's rules.

Basically paid channel rates would be decided by broadcaster instead of dth or cable provider.
Access fee would be chargeable for both pay n free channels @ Rs.130 per channels max by dth/lco. Gst extra.
So you'll pay max of Rs.130(may vary in each dth) for 100channels + whatever pay channels fees(same in all) + gst

Acc. to TRAI its move to make things more easier for customers.
However insiders know its to make it easier for Jio to launch gigafiber iptv service. as jio would give all fta channels free and pay tv customer can select as no dth/lco can't give it below broadcaster rio fees. so win win for jio.

While dth would earn max of Rs.130 + 20% of pay channels commission. Jio would charge for broadband instead as voice is already free.

Last edited:
Okay. @igloo Thanks for the reply.

1. Let's take old DTH Plans (currently running) and New DTH Plans (After TRAI's Changes). What will be most costlier for Customer? I'm hardly concerned how this will affect Tata/Airtel. I'm concerned about my pocket.

2. Jio TV will be the future of TV in India? (Since, I believe it will use the same wires as of Broadband).

3. JioTV will use the Bandwidth since it's IPTV. It means, We will never get the full speed internet since wires will be sharing data between Internet and TV both. So it means we will never enjoy full 1gbps speeds?

Thanks

bhai samajh nahi aaya, TRAI walapoint , dubara samjhaiyo.

mere ghar toh purana dabbatv hai, toh mera bill 130 (100 channels) hi hoga?

aur 100 channels meri marzi se select honge ya brodcaster/cable operator ke?

ya SD wali list paid bhi hai ?

Okay. @igloo Thanks for the reply.

1. Let's take old DTH Plans (currently running) and New DTH Plans (After TRAI's Changes). What will be most costlier for Customer? I'm hardly concerned how this will affect Tata/Airtel. I'm concerned about my pocket.

2. Jio TV will be the future of TV in India? (Since, I believe it will use the same wires as of Broadband).

3. JioTV will use the Bandwidth since it's IPTV. It means, We will never get the full speed internet since wires will be sharing data between Internet and TV both. So it means we will never enjoy full 1gbps speeds?

Thanks
no,iptv uses dedicated bandwidth plus it uses compression techniques.It wont affect internet speeds at all.