The New DTH Regulations

• Thread starter Thread starter kickass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 220
  • Views Views 26,772
  • Tags Tags
    trai

I think Government is ultra stupid. I mean, they introduce something and they always have poorest implementation about everything.

First they made all of us to link the adhaar with everything (we hustled and linked it) and then it's not mandatory and we have to hustle for remove it.

I mean, they never learn from mistakes and keep on making new one.

I know it has nothing to do with this, but at-least this postpones shows they have no brainer.

postponed only until after election.

And they are not stupid they are over-smart, they are always testing water for their adverse policies and always expecting people of India will act like Bhakts and accept whatever nonsense(new ways to loot) they propose.

postponed only until after election.

And they are not stupid they are over-smart, they are always testing water for their adverse policies and always expecting people of India will act like Bhakts and accept whatever nonsense(new ways to loot) they propose.

East or West but it's going south only (non-development). What we want is north (development).

Statues and Renaming Cities is what development for them.

can somebody please explain the process of enrolling for channels via new scheme?

at present my Tata Sky bill is around 500 rs and dish tv also costs the same amount.
we only watch a couple of channels but are forced to subscribe to a lot of junk channels that we dont watch but end up paying for them anyway due to policies of tatasky and dishtv.

now i want to create a pack including only the channels that i want to watch and no extra channel bullshit . is this possible? or will i be forced to buy all those extra junk channels?

these are the channels that my family watches -
sab tv
&tv
color
Sony
news channels
and sometimes english movie channels like hbo star movies etc.

ala carte was available already. and it would be available through the new route. base rate has increased from my understanding.
if you know the channels you need, it would definitely be cheaper. though it would kind of become an annoyance for channel surfing as majority of channels would not work. so using favorite feature on the stb box would become useful.

the major change in policy is that dth companies do not have the power to create packages now from my understanding. so rates of packages should be uniform across all players. the new system is delayed till next year (link on previous page) so for now, nothing needs to be done. things would only be clear when dth operators update their websites with new packages and ala carte option.

logically, operators should allow you to add and remove channel on demand based on monthly payment but that would depend upon how the system is implemented on the website. would be nice if they can offer decent apps to do it. d2h app that i have is pretty confusing and the website is a pain in the ass with transition effect on each page load. i mean just load this url: d2h | India's Premium DTH Service with the Widest Range of Channel Options Across India

No update or message from Airtel DTH as of now about whats going to change in packaging after Dec 29.
But I am sure costs would not hugely reduced for end customers and we would still be paying Rs 500+ for HD channels from all channel providers (if we want them all).

Can someone ELI5, what's the difference between a-la-carte and this? AFAIK, a-la-carte was being offered for at least more than 5 years. on Tata Sky.
What about the nickel and dime thievery in the name of HD access fee? Will that be abolished, since HD channels are now offered as MRP?

Last edited: