• Thread starter Thread starter mikrotik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 820

mikrotik

I am getting updated....
ISP
Airtel FTTH
So the 2 prong plug have the issue of not connecting properly in a 3 hole socket. Situation becomes worse when the standard distance between the two prongs is not followed.

Is there a product that have spring loaded holes so that it can all weird 2 prong plugs and convert to standard 2 or 3 prong plugs?

You can change the power outlet/socket to one that can accomodate a 2 pin plug. They aren't expensive and a quick DIY if you are comfortable with handling power outlets 🙂 Just change the outlet whereever you use a 2 pin plug for eg a phone charger. For e.g. Anchor 3155 Polycarbonate 3 Pin DX, 6 A Multi Plug.

Last edited:
Not sure if I understood the problem correctly but the one I have is that in the three pin ports in my house, you need to press the top one using a pen etc if plugging in a two pin plug which is annoying so I have these installed in most of them. As a bonus, it works with US/UK plugs as well.

@manu1991 yes either you use an adapter plug or change the socket where you use these devices frequently. Either way the 2 in 1 socket is compatible with 3 pin as well. You even get sockets that work with UK and EU type plugs.

I have these installed at my place
IMG-20220618-192535.jpg

Have tried 3 pin adapter that @Chip mentioned also tried what @manu1991 mentioned from Wipro.

In all cases, I have to adjust the plug in a certain way for it to work. If someone touches it, the connection is lost.