The Immortals of Meluha

Sushubh

Administrator
Flipkart.com: The Immortals of Meluha 9380658742: Book: Amish Tripathi (9789380658742)

read it yesterday. was fun. i wonder how it was accepted by the regional fanatics in the country. portraying shiva as a common man who is a fan of chillam and has a funny sense of humor. reading through the second book right now.
http://www.amazon.in/The-Immortals-Meluha-Shiva-Trilogy/dp/9380658745/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=indibroaforu-21&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=9380658745

Sushubh

Administrator
an example of a dialog that made me laugh.

Sushubh

Administrator
heh. i read about this video on wikipedia i think. it was pretty bad compared to what i had expected it to be. i wonder if this is being made into a movie. i mean this has serious potential to become a trilogy of blockbuster movies. but of course, it would require major investment wrt cgi. and i do not think it is hollywood material.

Sushubh

Administrator
i can see that. but there are two issues with this particular trilogy...1. the characters are fictions based on real gods. which means that it could become a hot topic with the religious fanatics. i am surprised that the books are on sale. i am not sure if the launch was marred with controversies. 2. the characters are mostly indian. and might not have a global appeal. though if handled well, it can be done. i would love to see a movie based on this movie with the kind of dialogues it has. it would be pretty humorous!

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
If this is made into a movie, this would never release in India.Anyways this is a great attempt by Amish as its his debut novel. It has great potential, but the writer did make it too cliche in many places.But its definitely refreshing :)

Sushubh

Administrator
heh. the reviews i read were critical about the kind of language used. too much italicized text in the book which makes it annoying to read. i really am considering getting a kindle next. it is very hard to read books when you are lying on the bed.

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
Wow, on the contrary i read books just cos of that. Not comfortable reading a device while lying on bed, a book is easy to read :)U can twist the pages and mishandling is not an issue!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sushubh Movies 0