The Horror Story Called Myntra

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
This is what Myntra did with my friend.

My friend ordered 3 dresses worth 6000 at April End. They had some size or other issues so friend returned them. Everything was going fine by now and Myntra even gave the full amount as cashback. Then she ordered around 13 dresses using the full cashback amount. On the day of delivery, Myntra asked the guy to not deliver anything and took back everything. They blocked the user id without any notification. They even removed one order from the database.

On being contacted they said, we are banning your and your sister's account. Regarding money, our team will give you a NOC in few days and accordingly we will refund your money. When she asked the reason for the ban they pointed her to check 2 vague points on TOC(Can't find anything now) which just said that we can ban you for violating policy.

This was totally out of the blue. Couple of days later she got back the NOC which said you won't get any refund. Basically without giving much of a reason, they forfeited the entire amount. On repeatedly asking they said, your returns had issues so we can't give you any cashback/refund.

They are still not listening to her.

Anyway. While writing this I found a loophole. Their terms of use [Current one] says

d. Either party shall have the right to cease/terminate the relationship by giving you a prior twenty four (24) hours written notice. If Myntra unilaterally terminates Your account without any reason then any applicable cash back or wallet amount (if any) shall be refunded to You.

D7tAzPo.png

Her account was banned first and only when she asked, they told her what had happened.

I am open to all suggestions. What should she do?

This is Myntra for you.

Short version:
  1. They banned her account without giving notice. They even got rid of her sister's account.
  2. They gave the cashback on returning [which according to their website only happens once they complete inspection.] which they took back again. So now the point of returns having issues is weird and little late.
  3. No proper reasons were given for the ban. The CS guy when asked that their TOS was a little vague, he just said that those are just clauses.

Last edited:
consumer court , get the 6k + compensation .

If the returned items had issues how can they keep both the items & the money , they should have returned the items & not refunded, after refunding the money they cant claim that the items had issues .

Myntra is running in bull $hit mode nowadays. What they are doing is 100% cheating. Keeping the goods as well as money? Spam their fb page [if they have or may be closed like their desktop site]

Drag them to consumer court. Little bit tedious, but the only way to get money back, IMHO. I do hope he/she has recorded the calls with cc and email proof.

This is the reason, I prefer off line purchase for dresses or to be precise, I just order electronic goods from online stores.

Pgportal is for grievances against govt departments. Not a private company. I have advised her of the legal option and in light of the finding that they violated their own TOI, I have asked her to talk to Myntra again.

I do not think that is correct, I have raised complaints against airtel when that blocked my porting requests for no reason at all and my complaint was forwarded really high up.

I opened a complaint against department of telcom.

Airtel comes under Department of Telecom. There is no Department of Online Retailing in India. 😛

Get in touch with consumer forum, call myntra again and record all calls from now on, do emails spam thier FB page and but just don't sit.