• Thread starter Thread starter varun120
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 16,959

varun120

Cult of Personality
ISP
Fivenet/1&1
Once at a friend's place (hostel) there was an unsecured wifi network, and I downloaded at almost 1MBps. I would often go to his place to download. But, after 1-2 months the network became secured and so it was the end of delight. So, anyways what is the highest download speed you have ever got?

on 5net dc++ hub 11mb/s(88mbit/s). currently on mtnl vdsl. 10mbit/s down. 1.5/2 mbit/s up

kickass said:
on 5net dc++ hub 11mb/s(88mbit/s). currently on mtnl vdsl. 10mbit/s down. 1.5/2 mbit/s up
Pretty cool. My area doesn't have 5net. Reliance netconnect broadband + gives at most 250KBps in Thane. In Nagpur, I would get 350KBps avg since , users are fewer there. But Reliance on an avg gives 50-60KBps, wireless internet sucks, and comes with an fup of10GB.

Speed while downloading a torrent from TPB... This was the highest I got... Normally get 3-5 MB/s... Got to love 5net's torrent caching service 😀 ...
https://imgur.com/7JmgD50

ETA was 4h 30m so download speed should have been 121 MB/s :nono:
When i saw, it was downloading at 15MB/s

My other highest speed

I was so happy that i will finally experience 100mbps in my college, saw that wifi was encrypted, asked the network admin for pass but he refused, asked him the connection speed and i was shocked that it was only 2mbps!!!! 😛issed-off: I told him that i have 4mbps unlimited at my home and then he was shocked...all dreams shattered

Yes i had the line at my disposal because I was the network administrator so when I needed speed I would just turn off Internet for everyone else download content very easily

He said "1 lakh lagta hai 2mbps leased line ke aur aap 100 mbps ki baat kar rahe ho, 2 mbps kitna fast hai aur 100 mbps ki koi zarurat hi nahi hai"

It brings back all the memories. Use to give Hotels 60mbps and then use to do bucketing stuff in proxy. There were 2 leased lines 100mbps and 48mbps. 48mbps was used specially by me and few other who knew about it and stayed in college campus 😀

. I am from Nagpur actually. And, I see a massive difference in speed of reliance netconnect now here in Thane and there in Nagpur. In Nagpur, I would download at an average of 250-300 KBps on IDM and approx 200KBps on torrents. Here speed in Thane sucks ass, average speed 50-60 KBps on IDM